PDA

View Full Version : sleep 5 @ PO riverside?

busterthebronco
12-27-2008, 10:57 AM
at one point they had trundle beds in some rooms in the bayou section. are they still available?:confused:

mom2morgan
12-27-2008, 11:00 AM
at one point they had trundle beds in some rooms in the bayou section. are they still available?:confused:
YEP! We just got back. We'd brought air mattresses for both my kids, but my 16 year old ended up sleeping on the trundle and said it was surprisingly comfortable! (I know, we're weird - we're all such restless sleepers we can't stand sleeping together in anything as small as a double ;-)

busterthebronco
12-27-2008, 11:15 AM
are we kindred spirits or what!:)
there are only 3 of us but no way we can share one of those beds.
did you request over phone or at check in?
i guess at check in since you brought the air mattresses.

mom2morgan
12-27-2008, 12:42 PM
are we kindred spirits or what!:)
there are only 3 of us but no way we can share one of those beds.
did you request over phone or at check in?
i guess at check in since you brought the air mattresses.

Well, funny about that....the first time we went, I requested Alligator Bayou over the phone specifically stating that I needed it for the trundle. They did NOT give it to me! They put us in Magnolia Bend, and I ended up sharing a bed with my littlest daughter. Anyway, we LOVED Magnolia Bend, and requested IT this time. So....they put us in Alligator Bayou. Seriously. So, although I love the landscaping of Magnolia and really wasn't as happy in Alligator, the up-side was that my daughter did say the trundle was really much more comfy than an air mattress. I have to say that I've had terrible luck getting what I want at that resort - the other issue last time was that we needed TWO rooms because there were 5 of us, one being my 16 year old foster son. They kept trying to convince me that "one room with a trundle sleeps five". Uh-huh. There was me, hubby, my 14 year old daughter, my 8 year old daughter and my 16 year old foster son. At 6'2" the trundle was obviously not going to work for him, so you can do the math and see why we would have a problem with that...LOL!

Goofy4TheWorld
12-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, funny about that....the first time we went, I requested Alligator Bayou over the phone specifically stating that I needed it for the trundle. They did NOT give it to me!

I suspect that anyone requesting the trundle bed who does not register that room for 5 guests will rarely get that request, since priority will always go to those with 5 in the room.

disneyfan328
12-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I believe that for the AB section at POR that a request is only a request for any area UNLESS you have 5 people in your room. If you have 5 people in your room they have to give you POR as in any other rooms you are not allowed to sleep 5 people in a room built for 4 unless one of them is an infant in a crib/pack n play.

We stayed in POR AB section last year with a family of 5 and while mornings were busy it was nice and very accommodating. We loved the 2 sinks in the bathroom so even though only one of us was able to shower at a time, we had two sinks to be finishing up at. While we aren't going to be staying there on our next trip since my oldest DD won't be going with us, it was a beautiful hotel and we loved it. It was not as in your face disney with the theme, we did like it alot.