PDA

View Full Version : Tables for 10?

Momto3littlemice
12-26-2008, 09:35 PM
We are looking to start booking our ressies for spring trip. This year we have two new babies in the family, bringing our total to 10. What restaurants besides Crystal Palace have an actual table for 10?

AND, if you decide to go with two tables of 5, what are the chances that you will get them next to each other? Anyone have experience with this? :mickey:

d_m_n_n
12-26-2008, 10:21 PM
About 5 years ago, we went with a party of 9 and were able to be seated together at Chef Mickey's (a large, round table). During that trip, we were only separated once (by a walkway) and that was at Trail's End. Besides that, the tables were always pushed together...

buzznwoodysmom
12-26-2008, 11:40 PM
We have had both a party of 15 and a party of 13 all at the same table at Ohana. Both times we had the same exact table. I think there are 4 tables for large parties at Ohana, and its a great, fun place to have a huge party. We've also sat 9 people at Chef Mickey's, Tepanyaki, 1900 park fare, Cape May Cafe, plus I think we had a big group at Whispering Canyon Cafe as well.

peemagg
12-27-2008, 02:35 AM
We traveled as a party of 8 this past trip and we were never separated at any of the places we ate at.

ElenitaB
12-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Spoodles has a large table that will easily seat a party of 10.

Have fun travelling with your large group!

irish1967
12-27-2008, 08:30 PM
We normally travel with a party of 12.

Even when booking 2 tables, we have always been seated very close together.

Tbelle1976
12-28-2008, 09:08 AM
We have an ADR in Feb for Chef Mickey's for 10 people. I was told that we would all be sat together w/o being seperated.

kakn7294
12-28-2008, 01:04 PM
We've been to Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Nine Dragons and the old Donald's Breakfastosaurus where we've had one table for a group of 12. We've also been to Le Cellier where we had one table for a group of 9. At all other locations, they will seat you side by side at 2 (or more) tables. We've eaten with a large group at: Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, Akershus, Liberty Tree, & 50's Prime Time. I'm sure there are others but I can't remember. :blush: They are really good about keeping groups together! It's the CS locations where we've had trouble staying together.

Figment!
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Hollywood & Vine has a long both with several tables on the other side, it appeared that a few of the tables could be pushed together to accommodate a party of at least 10.

AuntLaura
12-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Boma and Kona Cafe have tables or groups of tables that seat 10 also. I can't emphasize enough to make your reservations well in advance. I agree with the prior post - WDW is good at trying to keep groups together. We've even had it where I was late making reservations and made 2 separate table reservations just to get into a restaurant we really wanted to eat at and they put us together at one table. Sometimes it depends on how busy they are.

ThanxForNoticin
12-29-2008, 11:20 PM
We have also had good experiences with large groups at several Disney restaurants. We've already sat 20 of us together at a single table at 'Ohana, Boma, and Portabello. We also got to be next to each other at two tables in Teppan Edo. Most of the restaurantes will try very hard to work with you if you set up your reservations in advance - and it can be lots of fun with a large group like that.

kemps@wdw
12-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Our family party is 9, and we have always been seated together at all the places we've dined. I think it is rare for most places not to try and accomodate you and your party. And even though we have been unlucky enough, at times, to get less-than-desireable service (as a large party) for the most part, we have been satisfied. Just remember, as with anywhere, large parties take longer, so arrive early, don't be in a hurry to finish, be patient w/your server, and tip them well (if they deserve it).

TheRustyScupper
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
1) Only a few eateries have tables large enough for 10-people.
2) A few more can push tables together without blocking aisles.
3) Other do try to seat the tables close for split groups.
4) The last category gives you cans and strings so you can communicate with each other.