PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Christmas Special

handmaidenofprincesses
12-26-2008, 01:04 PM
After months of desparately waiting for a new episode of Doctor Who, I just finished watching "The Next Doctor" and was extremely disappointed that, despite the title, we didn't get any clues as to who will replace David Tennant as the Doctor for the 2010 series. (not that I want him to leave anytime soon... I keep hoping he'll change his mind!!) I have to admit, I'm sort of disappointed that David Morrissey won't be taking over the role. I've heard that Russell T. Davies wants Catherine Zeta-Jones to become the first female incarnation of the Doctor but I'm desparately hoping that's not goingto happen--- it would be very very strange to watch cutie DT regenerate into Zeta-Jones :P

Any Whovians on Intercot who have opinions as to who will (or should) replace Tennant??

ElenitaB
12-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I have absolutely no inside news on this at all... I just wish that they'd get on with it already!

We were wondering if the Doctor's daughter would appear again in the future. :confused:

handmaidenofprincesses
12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Aww don't you like David Tennant? I think he's marvelous, I keep hoping he'll change his mind about leaving.

I must admit though, I am rather annoyed that I have to wait till Easter for another episode just because he had the urge to run off and play Hamlet... ::eyeroll:: lol

^With an actual human skull btw, it was in the papers... some guy was dying and his last wish was to be in a Royal Shakespeare Company play, so now he's playing Yoric! :secret:

Rhetoric2000
01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I can't wait to get back home and watch the sky plus, suppose for now I'll have to make do with being in WDW!!!

Just seen the new casting and delighted to see that they've picked a total unknown - although he is a bit young.

To answer a previous poster's question - the Doctor's Daughter was initially scripted just to die and at new show producer Steven Moffat's instuctions they staged a last minute repreive - suggesting he is at least considering bringing her back.

I'm sad Tennant has left - I've loved him this last series, having initially hated the pally/smug relationship his Doctor had with Rose - he finally found the perfect foil in Donna.

Nate's Grandpa
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Just seen the new casting and delighted to see that they've picked a total unknown - although he is a bit young.

At age 26, Matt Smith will be the youngest actor ever to play the Doctor.

I think that Tennant and Donna made one of the best Doctor/Companion teams ever.

Ian
01-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I have no clue what you're all talking about. My experience with the good Doctor ended back when Tom Baker portrayed him (although I still think John Pertwee was the best Doctor ever!).

I just wanted to say that the Dr. Who theme song is the coolest theme song ever! :cool:

handmaidenofprincesses
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I have no clue what you're all talking about. My experience with the good Doctor ended back when Tom Baker portrayed him (although I still think John Pertwee was the best Doctor ever!).

I just wanted to say that the Dr. Who theme song is the coolest theme song ever! :cool:

Haha, Ian you absolutely must go and find the new series of Doctor Who and watch it, it's amazing! I love the old doctors and all, but nobody yet has beat David Tennant!

We'll have to see if Matt Smith can do the job, although the fact that he's a washed up footballer who turned to acting as a last resort doesn't give me too much confidence in him... but hopefully Moffat knows what he's doing...