PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants worth the $$$

laward32
12-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah my 1000th post!!!

We are going to WDW toward the end of September. We are thinking of not doing the dining plan this time. (We won't be eligible for the free dining if it's offered.)

I am wondering what restaurants Intercotees think are worth the money. We are already going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and LeCellier (if we can get in). We are thinking of maybe 1 or 2 other TS, but I want to make sure we get our moneys worth for paying oop.:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Outside of of Chef Mickeys and LeCellier. I personally enjoy Cape May Buffet at BC...Crystal Palace in MK...those are my favorites and are well afforable for OOP...

ElenitaB
12-26-2008, 11:11 AM
When we go "alone" (i.e., just me and my DS) and we're not on the DP, we do TS for breakfast and lunch. Our favorites include Kona, Boma, CP, GG (no longer a lunch option), LTT (they have a great lunch menu). If we were to splurge on one dinner, it would be Cali Grill. He's also clamoring to try out Yak & Yeti and I want to try Tusker House.

mom2morgan
12-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah my 1000th post!!!

We are going to WDW toward the end of September. We are thinking of not doing the dining plan this time. (We won't be eligible for the free dining if it's offered.)

I am wondering what restaurants Intercotees think are worth the money. We are already going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and LeCellier (if we can get in). We are thinking of maybe 1 or 2 other TS, but I want to make sure we get our moneys worth for paying oop.:mickey:

My new favourite is O'Hana's! I think since my husband is a big eater we also feel like we're getting our "money's worth" at places with all you can eat (like O'Hana's). I really liked California Grill, but it is very expensive and portions are kind of small. I enjoyed Boma as well, but my husband wasn't as keen on it. He really liked Cape May, but I found it a pretty "standard" buffet.

big blue and hairy
12-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Of course these are in very different price ranges, but for the money, Flametree Barbeque is a very good CS, Tusker House is a great buffet for any meal, and California Grill is flat out, my favorite restaurant.

:sulley:

ThanxForNoticin
12-26-2008, 01:37 PM
We have always felt Boma and 'OHana are some of the best dining values at Disney.

DawsonAR
12-26-2008, 01:39 PM
O'Hana's and Artist Point are our favorites.

Mary M
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh boy, here we go. :)

We go to WDW basically to eat, so we have lots of favorites. I put stars by my absolute favorites.

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern
MK Resorts: California Grill* (good for special occasions), Kona Cafe*, 'Ohana, Citricos. Victoria & Albert's, natch. :)

Epcot: Coral Reef*, Le Cellier, Bistro de Paris, Restaurant Marrakech, Tangierine Cafe, Tokyo Dining*.
Epcot Resorts: Spoodles*, Captain's Grill

DHS: Brown Derby, 50s Prime Time, Mama Melrose

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House*. Others liked Yak & Yeti, though I wasn't impressed.
AK Lodge: Boma. I've heard good things about Jiku but haven't gotten out there myself yet.

I'm sure I've given you way too much info. :blush:

busterthebronco
12-27-2008, 11:08 AM
hands down TRAILS END at fort wilderness.
take the boat straight from MK.
buffett and dee-lish-us!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I am going to go with Kona, Ohana's, Boma, and possibly Teppan Edo for value. We try to do Chef Mickey's (breakfast tradition) and LeCellier every trip.

SBETigg
12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
My favorite Disney dining:

1. California Grill
2. Narcoossee's
3. 'Ohana
4. Boma
5. Grand Floridian Cafe

Belle_0717
12-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Here's our list of our favorites
Breakfast: O'hana's
Lunch: We mostly do cs meals. Our favorites are CHH & Tangerine Cafe.
Dinner: Boma, Kona, O'hana's

AmandaChan
12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
If we're specifically talking about restaurants and not CS then I would have to say Teppan Edo and Raglan Road are worth the $$. I haven't had Le Cellier, we always plan our trips too late to get in. Yacht Club is not worth the money or the time. Fulton's Crab House is nice/always great but EXPENSIVE.

dmosher
12-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Teh hard part here is that it is all based on taste. I know certain restaurants are worth the $$ to me (California Grill, Le Celiier, etc) while others I didn't find worth it at all (Raglan Road, Boma, etc). Not that there was anything wrong with the places (in particular), we may have had a not so great experience there or the food was not what was expected, etc.
Read the menus for each restaurant (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp), ask questions abotu dishes or look for restaurant reviews and pictures of the meals (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/default.asp) and see what looks good for you. Just remember that it is all based on what YOU like and not all of us. There is nothing more disappointing than taking advice about a meal or restaurant and being let down.
:pipes:
D

SusieQ
12-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. First on our list every year! The red snapper in potato with leeks on a red wine coulis ..... fantastic!:cloud9: