PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for Honeymoon?

Yvette
12-26-2008, 09:18 AM
As an extra gift to my daughter and her new husband I would like to treat them to WDW. :bride: DD is a huge fan and is anxious to convert the hubby. :cloud9:

Which resort is the most romantic? I'm torn between the Poly :lei: or maybe one of the EPCOT resorts. They are both beach babies which is why I'm leaning toward the Poly, I'm not sure if the Beach Club might be a little too loud.

Opinions?

andypooh
12-26-2008, 09:49 AM
how about the grand floridian?

Strmchsr
12-26-2008, 09:51 AM
If you're looking at a deluxe then Grand Floridian definitely. However, if you're willing to consider a moderate I think POFQ is very romantic.

disneygal01
12-26-2008, 09:58 AM
My parents gave my husband and I a week at the Boardwalk for our honeymoon last year. It was very romantic staying there, and was not as loud as people think. It was actually very quiet. We were married the 24th of June and honeymooned the last week of June/ first week of July. The crowds weren't bad and my husband even had the room set up with rose petals and a beautiful bouquet of roses and a bracelet that read on it "Believe" on one side and "wish" on the other. :cloud9:
It was deffinately a memorable trip and very romantic. But as with all things Disney it is bound to be Magical!! :cloud9:

JoDisney
12-26-2008, 10:00 AM
My husband is not Disney fan at all. However, he liked POLY so very much. He thought it was very romantic.

buzz2001
12-26-2008, 10:08 AM
CSR is a great mod for a honeymoon. For a deluxe, i'd go with GF.

http://i44.tinypic.com/211t7yv.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2iscb3r.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2njereu.jpg

buzznwoodysmom
12-26-2008, 12:13 PM
We've visited both resorts you are considering, Poly and BC. In my opinion the Poly was much louder than BC. I love, love, love the Poly (can't wait to actually stay there one day), but everytime we've been there (for a meal or just to visit) its been very loud. On the other hand everytime we've been to the BC its been very quiet. Of course at the Poly we are usually in the GCH. Once in the rooms and throughout the grounds it may not be as loud. Either way, your daughter and soon to be son in law should count themselves very lucky. What an incredible wedding gift.

jakeybake
12-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I would say the Grand Floridian, hands down!

My DW and I spent our honeymoon there back in 1991 (God that makes me sound old!) and we loved it. The atmosphere is very elegant and very romantic in all of WDW. It has wonderful restaraunts (can never spell that word correctly) from casual (GF Cafe) to upscale (Citrico's) to fun (1900 Park Fare) to elegant (Victoria & Albert's). IMHO the grounds are the most beautiful and romantic. We used to walk around the resort at night, looking across the lagoon at the lights on Cinderella's Castly as well as the other resorts lit up (Poly & Contemporary). We would sit on the pier and listen to the beautiful music coming out of the speakers outside of Narcoose's while we stared at the Magic Kingdom.

It is also very convenient to getting to MK and Epcot and then back to your room in a jiffy, which I know is important to honeymooners :)!!

At least it was to us way back in '91!! Though now it's just all about getting back for a nap!! Ha Ha!!

Jay

ThanxForNoticin
12-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I think you are on the right track with Poly, Beach Club, and Grand Floridian. Personally, that's the order I would put them in - all very nice, but I think the Poly has a more romantic 'feel' to it. The only other resort I would think about including is POR - the Riverside area, especially the plantation portion, is very beautiful and romantic, too. Good luck with your decision - you really can't go wrong with any of your choices!

teambricker04
12-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I agree with Poly, GF, but I think if you are going to go with BC you may want to consider the YC instead. It is a little more adult, if you know what I mean. All sound like a great honeymoon!

Yvette
12-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. While I would LOVE the Floridian, I don't think the SIL would appreciate it. He is always uncomfortable around my antiques.....or is that me? :blush:

The kid and I have stayed at BWI and Beach Club. She didn't care for the BWI, but could never really explain why. She hasn't however, stayed at Poly.

When DH and I stayed there a few years ago I thought the Main Building was busy, but the grounds were so pretty, tropical and I thought romantic. I'm hoping for a grandkid in the next year. :secret:

Also with the 4/3 offer it's pretty reasonable. (By WDW standards that is ;) )

Yeah I think I talked myself into it. Now the question is: Deluxe DDP or just the regular?

epceddie
12-26-2008, 10:17 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful honeymoon at Saratoga Springs in October of 2007. We had a 1BR with a great view of Downtown Disney and it was very peaceful and relaxing.
We enjoyed the main pool, but spent a lot of time at one of the leisure pools on the water across from DTD. It had frog statue water fountains and most of the time we spent there, we were the only ones using the pool, especially during the day.
We enjoyed dining at Artist Palette and really got our money's worth from the resort mugs that we bought.
We stayed in a studio at SSR this past October. It was nice, but the 1BR was so much better. We missed having a jacuzzi in the room and the great balcony view that we had on our honeymoon.
We're DVC members at OKW and we're looking forward to seeing what a 1BR is like at our home resort. We'll be there Jan. 4-9 and we can't wait.
There are so many great resorts at WDW. Wherever you end up, you'll have a great time.
Best of luck!

mom2morgan
12-26-2008, 11:13 PM
No-one's mentioned AKL -but that's where I'd go. It has that quiet, peaceful "out of the way" feeling that I think honeymooners might like. I can picture myself relaxing out on that big deck that overlooks the savannah! The resorts are SO different it really depends on what the couple likes - a busy, "downtown" feeling? Lap of luxury, complete with spa? Something exotic?

dmosher
12-27-2008, 12:19 AM
THe Poly is nice and in the springtime may be OK, but DW and I had our Honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge and loved it so much we decided to buy into the DVC, but only if we could get our home at the WL. Which we were lucky enough to be able to do. We have stayed (collectively) in most of the resorts and the WIlderness Lodge is the most romantic, beautiful and quiet of all of the higher priced resorts. Just a stroll along the pathways, or a boat ride to the MK, or renting a bike and peddling through the wooded paths all the way over to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, then ending the evening with a romantic dinner at Artist Point. Now that's romantic!!
:pipes:
D

ToDisney
12-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I have to go with the post about the AKL...
I fell head over heels in Love with this resort. Peaceful, beautiful evening walks.
There is one hot tub near the main pool and another hidden away from everything.
The Poly is great, and I would love to stay there. I think the pictures of the room look fantasic. But I have been there for Dinner many times and the noise is unbareable.
The lobby get over-run.

I never have thought much of GF.
Poly- yes
AKL Definately

lilolvr
12-28-2008, 09:59 AM
CSR!! I love CSR for the atmosphere, great CM's and the deluxe-lite feel. CSR offers a spa, salon, full menu room service and fitness center not to mention a terrific main pool area and the best transportation that is not shared with any other resort. It's like taking two vacations in one. Queen beds too!

Duchess99
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm going with the AKL vote. I'm planning my honeymoon there in September and I couldn't think of a better place! Waking up every morning to the animals in the Savannah...wonderful! It isn't as convenient as GF, Poly or BC, but the setting more than makes up for that. Plus, you have Jiko right on site...YUM!

megustamex
12-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Another vote for AKL. I think it is one of the quieter resorts on property compared to the others (especially the Poly!), perhaps because everyone seems to be in "hush" mode when they are outside due to the animals being present. There are so many romantic places to sit and linger and have a glass of wine, the food is phenomenal (Jiko!), and the animals make you feel like you are on an African safari for your honeymoon! What could be more luxurious and romantic?

Figment78
12-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Having spent my honeymoon at WDW, I would just like to say that the WL was also very romantic. However, I second a vote for AKL, if they don't mind being so far from MK. In my opinion I think it's the most romantic resort on property. I find Grand Floridian beautiful and more "grown up." I also think that the Poly grounds are very romantic - tiki torches, beach, etc... - don't worry about the hustle and bustle of the GCH (great ceremonial hall).

As for deluxe vs regular dining plan - all depends on their dining habits. I can make some recommendations on romantic restaurants though:
Citricos
California Grill
Jiko *** a MUST for a honeymooning couple
San Angel Inn (although I was disappointed in the menu on our last trip, the atmosphere is very cool)
Also - if they are into the spa thing - I highly recommend the couples massage + jacuzzi Mandara Spa at the Dolphin.

thumperbug
01-01-2009, 12:00 PM
I've honeymoon and stayed on 2 other trips at GF. While it is very nice and romantic...I think Poly or AKL would be better. Both have more atmosphere.

spoiledraf
01-01-2009, 07:29 PM
If you have the money, the Garden Suites at the Boardwalk are by far the most romantic. Consierge, private entrance, townhouse apt with large jacuzzi tub. Bar, quiet pool just steps away with a hot tub and private garden areas are all just the ticket for newly weds. And if you get lucky, the last time we booked inone, we got upgraded to the Steeplechase Suite which is bigger than my house!

Check out the Garden Suites. You'll love them.:cloud9:

goofy89
01-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm going with the AKL vote. I'm planning my honeymoon there in September and I couldn't think of a better place!

I think you've made a great choice! That is definitely the resort I would choose! It is my favorite resort on property and is the perfect atmosphere for a honeymoon! Congrats! :mickey: