PDA

View Full Version : Watching Wishes outside of MK

AdventurelandTikiGirl
12-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I am wondering if there are any spots where you can watch Wishes outside of the park where they pipe in the music. I know California Grill is the best spot for that, but are there any others? :fworks:

mouseketeer mom
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
The Beach at the Poly!!!!!

Figment Fragment
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Try Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. They're out on the Seven Seas lagoon and have a covered porch area outside where they pipe in the music, with appropriate delay. It's intended for customers of the restaraunt. We have gone to the bar there and gotten a glass of wine and stepped outside to watch a couple times... A nice change.

FF
PS: If you really want the coolest experience, (and perhaps the most expensive viewing of fireworks available @$450./hr minimum) book the Grand One 52 foot Sea Ray yacht. We did this in May with another couple and spent a few hours out with dinner and wine and a butler, then watched Wishes from the aft deck of the boat. They have the music piped in and synchronized. Knowledgable pontoon boat charters will park close to the Grand for the music and less $$$ but that's a gamble and no butler:blush:
It was amazing!!

Polynesian Dweller
12-24-2008, 02:13 PM
The music is also piped in to the Poly Beach as well as Narcoossee's and Cali Grill. You can also watch them from the ferry dock at the TTC. but not sure if they have the music there.

When Wishes is on security patrols the nearby roads and blocks them off to all but those going to a resort so those are not available. Been questioned at the check point on World Drive a number of times when going back to the Poly.

bella_rose
12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
WOW! Truly magical!:thumbsup:

chrisb26
12-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I was planning on watching the Electrical Water Pageant over at the Poly the night I arrive so I'll probably sit and watch Wishes as well.

I do have a question about that however. If Wishes and the EWP are scheduled at the same time does the EWP get delayed until Wishes is over?

Polynesian Dweller
12-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Most often they delay EWP until after Wishes finishes if they are scheduled at the same time. I've never seen it otherwise but a post in another thread indicated that someone had seen them start at the same time. Probably an accident in the programming.

Figaro
12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
I drive the specialty cruises out on 7 Seas and they are well worth the money. We take you for a tour of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, and then settle in front of Castaway Island to watch fireworks. Makes for a unique fireworks experience. If you book the premium instead of the basic, the boat is a little larger and has the music played for the fireworks. :thumbsup:

Figment Fragment
12-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I drive the specialty cruises out on 7 Seas and they are well worth the money. We take you for a tour of Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon, and then settle in front of Castaway Island to watch fireworks. Makes for a unique fireworks experience. If you book the premium instead of the basic, the boat is a little larger and has the music played for the fireworks. :thumbsup:

That's really interesting! When we booked out of Wilderness 2 years ago, there was only a 'no speakers aboard' option for the cruise. We almost didn't go beacuse of that. We had a great driver and really enjoyed seeing the special water-view of the Lodge's mystery guest for the first time. That's great to know that there are speaker-boats available, thanks!

...Still liked seeing it all from the Grand 1 best, what a night!

FF

Figaro
12-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Well each resort on the lake only has 1 premium boat... so that's a total of 5 premium cruises a night and about 15 basics available on each night. The premium boats are the red 25' pontoon boats and the basic are the 21' pontoons.. the basics are also the same ones you can rent and drive yourself during the day. Since there's only 5 premium cruises available for the Wishes fireworks, they all might be booked forcing a basic. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time on Grand One, she's a beautiful boat!