PDA

View Full Version : Glendon's solo trip Day 4 Dec 16th

glenpreece
12-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Today I decided to head back over to MK. I figured it would be less crowded because they had EMH the night before and the MVMCP was later tonight. I got there before rope drop and was one of the first people up Main Street. It's so nice in MK with only a few people there.

The CM's at the gate said the entire park would open at 9am so I was excited to try and meet the other fairies. But nope toontown was closed and didn't open til 10am. So I decided to ride some things in Fanatasyland while the crowds were light. I even got to meet Donald Duck out by his tree farm. No photopass photog though. Apparently it was too early.

So after the tea cups, Pooh, Snow white, Philharmagic and IASW Ariel was open so I went to meet her. Unfortunately it was not the same Ariel from Jan. I even asked about her later on in the day. I showed a pic of her to a Grotto CM and he said she wasn't there anymore. Oh well.

Off to LS to ride HM again. I love this because i always see something new that I have missed before. I went over to FL to ride Splash Mtn (back row so I didn't get soaked) and Big Thunder (Kingdom Keepers lol) and then off to do POTC again. But on my way to Pirates I spotted Wendy and Peter. So I got in line for them. Again no photopass photog. We had a nice chat about where I was from and how Tink doesn't like Wendy and how she saw her on my shirt the other day and din't like that Wendy was near Peter!! Peter asked me about the Fairy in my bag (Rosetta)

Off I went to buy some pins and do some pics. I did a bunch in front of Crystal Palace and even posed with Rosetta in aklot of them. They are soooo cute lol.

On my way out of the park I met Daisy Duck. And this is where stupid/rude people come into play. This spanish family had FORCED their crying daughter to meet Daisy, they weren't prepared, no camera out , autograph booked deeP in the stroller etc. And to top it all off the cut in front of me!!!! This was not the only time that this happened this week. It seems that so many people thought I was a CM or with other people they would walk right up in front of me. I was not happy about this because these people took over 10 mins to get their crying/screaming child to get close enough to take a pic. PEOPLE DON'T FORCE YOUR KIDS TO MEET CHARACTERS!!!!! Thecharacter handler thanked me several times for no causing s scene and beiong so patient. Even the next familt behind me tried to bud in front so the CM said "No this gentlemen is first."

So after that I did some mores pics and headed back to Pop to change for the MVMCP. I'll do a separate one for that since there's so much to talk about there.

TTFN

Sunshine1010
12-24-2008, 10:32 AM
.....nothing about Austin?

Why does everyone keep thinking you are a CM?

mouseketeer mom
12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
How great to be one of the first on Main Street. What a wonderful feeling! Thanks for the report!:)

glenpreece
12-24-2008, 12:38 PM
.....nothing about Austin?

Why does everyone keep thinking you are a CM?

Nothing about Austin I'm afraid we just texted each other all day long lol. His family was over at Epcot that day. He wasn't going to be able to join me for the x-mas party.

As for the CM thing prob because I was solo, young and I know more about WDW than most of the Cm's there lol.

DisneyGlutton
12-24-2008, 02:05 PM
PEOPLE DON'T FORCE YOUR KIDS TO MEET CHARACTERS!!!!! The character handler thanked me several times for no causing a scene and being so patient. Even the next family behind me tried to bud in front so the CM said "No this gentlemen is first."

Thanks for the trip report...its like an early Christmas present, lol. I have to agree with your point not to force kids to meet characters. Way back in the day, my Mom made me meet characters at Seaworld (for some reason, He-Man and She-Ra were there, which is why we went) and I was so shy that I was miserable (and there's video and pics to prove it, so its just not in my head). She meant well of course, but I still think its not a great idea. Luckily, as I got older, I didn't mind meeting the Disney characters, especially to get their autograph--though I certainly never talked to them like you do, lol.

Btw, I have to compliment you on your patience; if people had kept bypassing me and thinking I was a CM, I'm sure I would've got snotty pretty quickly.

glenpreece
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the trip report...its like an early Christmas present, lol. I have to agree with your point not to force kids to meet characters. Way back in the day, my Mom made me meet characters at Seaworld (for some reason, He-Man and She-Ra were there, which is why we went) and I was so shy that I was miserable (and there's video and pics to prove it, so its just not in my head). She meant well of course, but I still think its not a great idea. Luckily, as I got older, I didn't mind meeting the Disney characters, especially to get their autograph--though I certainly never talked to them like you do, lol.

Btw, I have to compliment you on your patience; if people had kept bypassing me and thinking I was a CM, I'm sure I would've got snotty pretty quickly.

Normally I love a good ol' fashioned confrontation lol but at WDW I would never do it unless it was absolutely necessary. I was close a couple times but then I just figured they'd pretend not to understand English and go on like nothing happened.

pdrlkr
12-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-27-2008, 01:52 PM
It's really nice when you get to a park early and can cover lots of ground before the crowds arrive!