PDA

View Full Version : Drop 2 for Hoop De Doo?

the other micki
12-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I have had my dining plans settled for a while, but now I'm considering changing it up to see Hoop de Doo while we're there. We're on the DDP and so I would have to drop 2 of my restaurants to see Hoop De Doo. These are the places I planned:

Ohana
San Angel
Le Cellier
Whispering Canyon Cafe
50's PTC
Sci-Fi
Chef Mickey's

Which would you do away with to see Hoop de Doo? Or would you just keep things as they are?
It's me, DH, DD14, DSs 8 and 6, DDad, DStepmom. (I don't want to pay oop for HDDR, because I'll already be paying oop for T-Rex.)

Thanks for any input!

faline
12-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Hoop de Doo has long been a favorite of mine. If you drop two of your restaurants, though, what would you replace them with? You still need to eat!

Personally, though, I could easily drop 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi in favor of the Hoop De Doo!

DizneyRox
12-23-2008, 09:24 PM
You would be best to pay OOP for the Hoop Dee Doo than blow two credits on it. You're going to have to eat anyway, so you're going to pay OOP for something. You will get better value out of 2 TS places than one 2 credit meal.

the other micki
12-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Hoop de Doo has long been a favorite of mine. If you drop two of your restaurants, though, what would you replace them with? You still need to eat!

I would just get cs meals in place of the ones we drop. If I paid oop for HDDR and still kept all 7 of my TSs, I think that would be too many restaurants and too much food. Like I said, I'm already paying oop for T-Rex Cafe, in addition to eating at 7 DDP restaurants.

bouncer
12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
IMO I would drop Sci-Fi and San Angel. Reviews are pretty much so-so on both. Although I have not eaten at San Angel, I can tell you that I found the food OK at Sci Fi. Pretty over priced for basic diner food. Movies play over & over and are loud. Not much table space & dark room overall.

I am planning on eating at 50s PT, and going to HDDR on our next trip. Chef Mickey's & Ohana's are both good also. Have not been to Lecellier, or WCC to give an opinion on that. But look to go to those either this trip or next possibly. Good luck;)

stitchaholic
12-24-2008, 05:20 AM
i would drop sci-fi or 50's and san angel,definitly plan on seeeing hddr

buzznwoodysmom
12-24-2008, 10:46 AM
If you dropped WCC you could do HDD on the night you would have been doing WCC therefor only needing to "replace" one of your TS, instead of 2. I would drop San Angel. I have never eaten here, but everyone I know personally that has eaten here didn't like it. You could then replace San Angel with the CS place in Mexico and still get to have a mexcian meal.

andreallybadeggs
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
We used 2 credits for HDD and did not regret it; so much food with the DDP we certainly did not go hungry any of the days. As far as which rest's to drop, I'd choose either 50's or Sci Fi (we are amongst the ones who give S-F good reviews) and probably San Angel assuming you haven't done the others before OR have done them and they are must-do's for you. WCC is fun for the kids and we liked our server a lot but I could skip it myself.
Have a wonderful family time! :mickey:

the other micki
12-24-2008, 12:31 PM
If you dropped WCC you could do HDD on the night you would have been doing WCC therefor only needing to "replace" one of your TS, instead of 2. I would drop San Angel. I have never eaten here, but everyone I know personally that has eaten here didn't like it. You could then replace San Angel with the CS place in Mexico and still get to have a mexcian meal.

This is exactly what I was considering...it's not a big deal to nix the San Angel, but I'm a little reluctant to lose the WCC. We've not done this one (or HDDR) and I'm trying to choose between the two. Any more opinions are appreciated! :)

buzznwoodysmom
12-24-2008, 03:30 PM
This is exactly what I was considering...it's not a big deal to nix the San Angel, but I'm a little reluctant to lose the WCC. We've not done this one (or HDDR) and I'm trying to choose between the two. Any more opinions are appreciated! :)

We've eaten at WCC three times now and it is very good, but on our last visit we were a large party (had to be seated at two tables) and it wasn't as good as times past. I know everyone can have an off night, but we've decided to forgo WCC for our next few trips in order to try something new. I know for you it would be new, but if you compare WCC to HDD I think HDD would be something your family will remember much longer than WCC. And of course if you are planning to visit WDW again you can always try the places you miss out on during future trips. That's what I always tell myself when we just can't get everything we want in on one trip. There's always next time!

Crow
12-25-2008, 11:17 AM
WCC as it didnt impress me other than the WL being a great place to be
Same w San Angel; the atmosphere is among the best at Epcot but the food wasnt too great (other than:marg:)
Then again 50s and SCIfi weren't the greatest.
Atmosphere is a big part of most of the places though & not always the food. and the kids would probably like some of the atmosphere.
Id say drop 50's (since you are eating at SciFi and its at DHS also) and drop WC