PDA

View Full Version : First or second week in December?

epceddie
12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
If you had a choice, would you go the first week in December or the second week?

What's good/bad about both weeks?

Any help will be appreciated.

Strmchsr
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
They're about the same. Crowds have definitely increased in recent years, but they're not horrible. In comparing the two weeks the only difference I would note is that if you're looking at staying at a value resort avoid the Pop Warner crowd if you possibly can, which is usually the first full week of December.

RAIDER
12-24-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree theres not alot of difference but i would say the wdw parks are a tad quieter on the first week :thumbsup:

diz_girl
12-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I was there during the first week this year and if you had asked me on Monday, I would have told you that the place was packed. Granted, Mondays at MK are more crowded, but there were A LOT of people there that day. Even IASW had a 20-minute wait. But POTC was only about 10 minutes. We went back on Wednesday and the crowds were much more manageable.

Tuesday we were at AK and the stand-by line for the Safari was about 20 minutes and we walked on EE around 5 p.m.:thumbsup: EPCOT crowds (Thurs and Fri) were quite manageable too. Only needed a FP for Soarin' and TT was a 5-10 minute wait for a single rider. Never made it to DHS, as we had small children in tow.

Darbylew
12-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I would choose the first week in December. It
is not as crowded as later on. Be sure and go
to MVMCP. It is a great party and not to be
missed. :mickey:

Figment Fragment
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
There seems to us to be far more large tour groups in the first week of December, which can prove challenging if you end up behind one or more of them throughout the week.

The last week before Christmas that kids are still in school has worked well for us. Overall, you can go pretty much anytime in the first few weeks and have a great experience with significantly reduced crowds.

FF

epceddie
12-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the great info.

laward32
12-25-2008, 12:22 PM
We've been the second week in December and I thought it was very pleasant. The weather was cool, but not too cool. Crowds were manageable, plus we missed the Pop Warner crowd and the taping of the Christmas parade.
So I would say the second week, IMO.:mickey:

vorpalswrd
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
I am planning for first week. Maybe you see you then, lol? I have been there in the oast during the first week and had a great time, no wait for some rides, low crowd numbers. I could beconvinced to go second week. I will be keeping my eyes on things like Pop Warner and such.:mickey:

wifey5794
12-28-2008, 09:35 PM
We usually go the first week but this year went Thanksgiving - we will go back to the first week of December!

Also, I agree if you can swing it avoid the values and even some of the deluxes due to the pop warner crowd.