PDA

View Full Version : 1st week in May 2009

Juliayn
12-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Trying to anticipate what crowds will be like. Most spring breaks are over I'm guessing. We have always gone 1st week in December and, while crowds are definitely low, they have increased substantially over the years. Trying to compare that crowd level to 1st week in May....?? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
12-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Early May is usually a really good time to go as far as crowds are concerned. You can run into some school groups (field trip type outings and bands there to perform), but for the most part, kids are still in school so the crowds aren't too bad.

DisneyGlutton
12-22-2008, 12:21 PM
This is my favorite time of year to go, as the weather is warm but not opressive and the crowds are really nice. Other than the marque attractions, which you'll still want a fastpass for most of the time, most rides are 15 mins or less. We walked onto PotC and HM just about everytime! The Flower and Garden show should also be going on, so Epcot will be especially nice to visit. I just returned from WDW this past week (12/13-19) and I actually think that at times it was more crowded than in May!

Tinkerbelly84
12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
We will be there the first week in May and I'm so glad to hear that it was a good time to pick.

mrmcgiv
12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
we were just at WDW 12/7-12/15 (2008) and we also went the first week of May on 2007. I thought that it was a good bit less crowded this trip but it was not terribly crowded in may either. I would prefer to handle the May crowds and have the longer hours at the parks, longer daylight and warmer (but not too warm weather). I thought early may was a great time to go.

MR

playdead88
12-23-2008, 06:11 AM
most of may is a great month to go - the weather is great - not too hot and the weeks we went in may not a drop of rain - the crowds were great - we didn't have to wait more than 15 min for anything other than soarin' - we are going the last week in may in 09 :mickey:

tinktude
12-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I went the second week in May for mother's day last year, and the crowds were fantastic. The only park that was remotely crowded was Epcot for the flower and garden festival. Other than that we barely waited at all.

I wish I could go again in May 09, but we are saving up for our Oct 09 trip.

Ksmith75
12-27-2008, 11:37 AM
We have gone the past two years - the last couple of days of april - 1st week of may... great time to go. not very crowded. weather is great too!