PDA

View Full Version : Renting DVC points @ BWV

BMan62
12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
We are renting points at BWV (Studio) in a couple weeks (1/5 - 1/8) and are looking for pointers on what we should expect and/or look for.

This will be our first time in a DVC resort and our first time in a 'deluxe' resort.

We know that the convenience of walking to DHS and Epcot will be a major plus for us, but what else should we be aware of?

(Getting a little anxious - our DME packet came in Saturday!!)

Thanks!!!!

TinkerbellT421
12-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I really dont know what to look for because I too will be staying at the BWV for 1/6 to 1/16. And it is my very first DVC stay and my first stay at a deluxe as well. SO my DBF keeps telling me how cool it is and how convenient. So I really dont know first hand yet. I just wanted to make sure I said congratulations and have a great and magical trip! Maybe we'll see at the hot tub :mickey: We will be there EVERY night! lol

Maleficent's Dad
12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
The BW's biggest "plus" is obviously its location. Since you're in the villas, you're pretty close to DHS. Depending on your room location, it will be shorter to walk to DHS than taking the boat. Just go out the "back door" of the villas and walk down the path. Saves time, but does add to your walking mileage.

The BW has tennis courts, two quiet pools (in addition to their themed main pool), and an array of activities for you and yours to enjoy. At the villa's quiet pool, there is a Community Hall, which will provide several activities for families and kids alike. They rent DVD's, games, and even some pool items (like noodles for kids). These are free to DVC members - not sure of your status as you'll be renting points (your room key will say "DVC Member," but you won't have a DVC card, so I'm not sure if they'll charge you for DVD's and the such).

You'll have *easy access* to the BW - which to us, is a major plus. When Illuminations (or Fantasmic!) ends, we often stroll the boardwalk and take in some of the shows - magicians, jugglers, etc... These are lots of fun, and they heartily encourage (if not require) audience participation. These can be a blast!

On the Boardwalk, there is a rental area for surrey bikes - to ride around the BW, BC, YC area. You can rent boats over at the YC's marina.

You'll have excellent dining options with the restaurants on the BW (FF, ESPN, Big River, & Spoodles), as well as easy access to EPCOT's WS and DHS eateries. The Swan/Dolphin are also within easy reach by foot (closer, in fact, than the YC).

In the mornings, there are a few breakfast options - the Bakery for takeout, Spoodles for sit-down, and the Belle Vue Lounge for continental b'fast offerings.

Nightlife is fun - Jellyrolls is underneath the BWV, Atlantic Dance is on the BW itself, and you have ESPN, Big River, and the Belle Vue for a cocktail (or two...) if you imbibe.

Buses run to AK and MK. The buses aren't great, but they suffice. Going TO the MK or AK, you'll be picked up first, then stop at the Swan & Dolphin before hitting the park. Coming back from the MK, you'll be stop #1 before the Swan & Dolphin. The ONLY problem we have with the buses is the RETURN trip from the AK. It takes FOREVER, so plan accordingly: Bus leaves the AK, goes to BB, then the Swan, Dolphin, YC, and then BC all before the BW. It can take 45 minutes to get to the resort after you board the bus. It's grueling, but that's our only bus complaint there.

You're staying in a studio - decent accomodations, but you probably won't be too impressed with the room. One bed, a pullout, and a small kitchenette area. You will have a fridge, microwave, sink, etc... The fridge is a big help.

The main pool is a good size with a fun slide. No zero-entry, however, if that matters to you. There is a pool bar.

The BW has a great location, and that's what makes it so special.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. Enjoy your time there! We'll be at the BC around the same time you're there (marathon weekend). Looking forward to some WARMER weather!!!

BMan62
12-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks for all the info. The smaller room will not be a concern as it is just DW and I. The 'best' accommodations we have had at WDW to this point had been our first trip when we stayed at Caribbean Beach.

Since AK closes earlier than any other park, we'll probably use park-to-park transportation rather than try to go directly back to BWV. That is a great piece of information to know, though!

We have eaten at FF, Spoodles and BRG before and have liked them all! We are looking forward to being able to get back to our room, freshen up and walk over to WS for our dinner at Tutto Italia!!

The extra walking should not be a concern. When we visit WDW we fully expect to walk our legs off! Besides, I'm a big guy (5'10" 310#) and need the extra exercise! :blush: