PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's Very Merry Christmas Trip, Day Seven

Dsnygirl
12-22-2008, 04:17 AM
The cast on this trip:

Me - 41 year old kid at heart who loves all things Disney, and planner extraordinnaire for our trips...

DH - 42 year old adult at heart who loves Disney and enjoys our trips more & more each time!

DD10 - closely following in her mom's footsteps as a Disney lover & planner w/ lots of ideas for this trip...

DD7- future Disney lover who was all about the rides and the characters this trip

Today was to be our last full day at WDW, so we woke up a little sad... and I woke up very nervous about my camera!! I totally didn't want to check it out... I was convinced I'd killed it. Well, amazingly enough, when I turned it on, it not only still had power, but the buttons now worked, it focused and took pictures... TOTAL miracle!! So, we put in a new memory card & battery, thanked God and our lucky stars and any pixie dust involved, and got ready for our day with a much lighter heart!! :)

Today, we decided to hit Epcot early and try to do the last few things we'd wanted to do there... we hadn't had as much time there as we'd liked this trip. So, it was FP's first for Test Track, a delicious pastry breakfast in Norway and a ride on the Maelstrom and our final shopping spree through MouseGear... have I mentioned I really love this shop??? :blush: Then we headed to Test Track... I confess to being a little nervous, which my DH found amazing, as I'm the "lead foot" in the family. But that is under my control -- I'm not too fond of high speed curves at somebody else's mercy!! But -- we all ended up liking the ride a lot, and want to definitely do it again.

From there, it was time to head to Spaceship Earth, our last stop in Epcot... we hadn't been on it since it had been re-done, and really wanted to see what it was like. Our girls had never been on it, so they just though it was really cool that we were going up inside "the ball"!! While we were in line, Emma, our DD7, lost a tooth... she'd been complaining for a day or two about this really loose front tooth, and low & behold, it just fell out while we were in line!! So, I grabbed a napkin for her, rescued the tooth into my purse for the tooth fairy, and gave my DH the "what do we do as the tooth fairy in WDW???" look?? ;)

Back to Spaceship Earth... we loved it... it had been so long since we've been on it that I can't give a fair comparison to how it had been before, except to say that I don't remember being overly impressed with it. But this time, we really enjoyed it, and thought was definitely worth going on again next time - again & again! We didn't take the time to do any of the "after ride" activities, as we wanted to get over to MK for the afternoon... but we definitely will next time!!

Once we got to MK, we started making sure we were hitting the rides we'd missed thus far and didn't want to leave w/o seeing, so it was pretty much straight to the Fairies, which when we got there was over an hour long to wait, so our girls opted out of that one. (phew!) Then it was off to tour Mickey's house, and see him and Minnie in the Judge's Tent. Julia wanted to be sure to tell him that we were leaving tomorrow and be able to say goodbye. :) It was a bit of a wait, but totally worth it to see our girls faces light up again when they were with the characters, and to know that Julia felt much better having said her "goodbyes".

Then it was off to get the girls on the teacups, see Mickey's Philharmagic (just LOVE that....) and then onto Pooh and Peter Pan before stopping at Pinocchio's for lunch. During all this, Dan ran and got us FP's for Space Mtn... the girls just HAD to go on that again before leaving. So, after lunch and a trip through the HM, we headed for Space Mountain and Julia got to ride up front this time -- she'd really wanted to, so she was so excited, and LOVED it!! Then it was time to ride Buzz again and some shopping on Main Street before heading off to DHS. (To try to catch the Osborne Lights we'd missed last night... we didn't want to park hop this much, but it was unavoidable at this point if we wanted to see the lights!)

Well, we got there right at dusk and had JUST made it onto the Streets of America moments before the lights were turned on. Well!! No one told me they turn them on to "Wizards in Winter" by the Transiberian Orchestra... that is one of my favorite songs, and it was awesome!! I love Christmas lights, and my DH said to me, "honey, for you it just doesn't get any better than this!!" :cloud9: And boy was he right... it was just beautiful, and we hung out there for about a half hour before leaving to head back to the MK. We were going to meet our friends there so the girls could ride rides together, and we wanted lots of time at that park, as it was definitely our girls favorite this trip.

We got to MK just in time to see the Spectromagic parade... we'd missed most of it last time, so we got ourselves a good spot and ooh'd and ahh'd with our girls over all the gorgeous floats. Emma loves the "Fantasia" movies, so she thought those floats were the best!!

From there, we headed to Casey's for a quick dinner before finding a spot for Wishes... we found a perfect spot right near Walt's statue and enjoyed the last of our dinner and hot cocoa before the fireworks started. Like I said in one of my other posts, Wishes is my favorite -- it must be all the stuff Jiminy says or how he says it, but it makes me cry every time, and afterwards, we just hugged our girls and told them "Merry Christmas" and completely embarassed them in front of everybody on Main Street!! :thumbsup:

At that point, we headed to the JC to meet up with our friends and begin our final nighttime tour of MK... the girls had a ball riding everything together, and we hit Splash, BTMRR twice, HM and then back to Splash for a double ride that we didn't even have to get off and back on again to do. Oh, and the girls were in front, we were in the second & third rows for every time around... thank goodness those canons weren't firing at night, or we'd have been SOAKED!! It was a blast, and we closed the park, with plans to meet up sometime there tomorrow. Then it was time to head back to the resort, throw our clothes into their respective suitcases and try to sleep fast for one last tour of MK!!

(oh, and believe it or not, we even remembered to put $$ under our DD7's pillow from the tooth fairy. Phew!!)

mouseketeer mom
12-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I too, loved the Osbourne Lights. I was so moved by them, we enjoyed our time hanging out with the lights so much! The last full day is always bittersweet. Sounds like you guys made the most of it.

CanadianWDWFan
12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Glad the camera worked for you. You really did the park hopping today. Next time you should try to do ALL the parks in one day.:D

ElenitaB
12-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a great day all around. I can't believe that you're able to embarass the girls already! They're still so young. But just think... you'll have it down to a science by the time they're teens. (Muahaha!)

Glad you were able to spend time with your friends and the girls' penpal, AKA the "masters of Disney evening EMH"!

DizNee143
12-22-2008, 02:44 PM
yay!!! im sorry happy that your camera worked for you today like nothing was ever wrong with it!!!!!
sounds like a very busy and long day today!!! but im sure it was alot of fun!! :mickey:

Ropachs
12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Your reports are fabulous, I'm so glad you took the time to write them...looking forward to reading your last day.

laward32
12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Glad your camera didn't die. Sounds like you guys have had a wonderful trip. I have enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: Glad the camera was OK!

dolphinmickey9170
12-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Camera Fairy, Tooth Fairy, what's next? Thanks for sharing your wonderful day!!:mickey:

faline
12-23-2008, 08:23 PM
What a fabulous, magical day from start to finish! Even your camera benefitted from the pixie dust floating around Disney World!

Kisobel
01-04-2009, 08:41 AM
poor emma and her tooth. glad the camera worked. and i'm not letting you hold mine in a few weeks.

kate

Bethis26fan
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
glad your camera worked. Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Glad the camera worked! My DD lost a tooth at the Grand Floridian Cafe this trip! We almost forgot as well, but managed to put a few Disney Dollars under there for her. She is convinced now that Tink is the tooth fairy for Disney World :)