PDA

View Full Version : Pressed Coin Machines

DisneyGlutton
12-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Is it just me or do they seem to break a lot? Don't get me wrong, I love them a lot (or else I wouldn't have spent such an obscene amount of money collecting them over the years) but it's really frustrating.

Some of the same ones that were out of order back in May were still down when I went last week (especially the one I really needed at the Splash Mt. exit). Another one that I really needed at Pop had an out of order stick on it, but since the sticker wasn't covering the coin intake, I tried it anway--two of the three buttons worked. Some of them were really touchy too; when my coin wouldn't pop out, I had to put more coins in and then I get two of the same.

(Btw, this is the first thread I started ever, lol)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-22-2008, 12:14 AM
A lot of it has to do with the treatment of the machines from Guests. Like the crank ones - little kids will sit there and torture the poor arm until it breaks. They mash buttons cause they are there, they push the coin slot in and overall, abuse them.

So it's not wonder why they break so much.

DisneyGlutton
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Like the crank ones - little kids will sit there and torture the poor arm until it breaks. They mash buttons cause they are there, they push the coin slot in and overall, abuse them.

And to top it all off, their abuse of the machines blocks us collectors from using them unless we want to get really rude, lol. Thanks for the answer. I guess I had figured they were more durable, esp. the non-cranked ones.

Altair
12-22-2008, 07:50 AM
A lot of it has to do with the treatment of the machines from Guests. Like the crank ones - little kids will sit there and torture the poor arm until it breaks. They mash buttons cause they are there, they push the coin slot in and overall, abuse them.

The worst machines for this are the ones in the World of Disney store. I think a kid is always spinning the cranks on these machines.:(