PDA

View Full Version : Glendon's solo trip Day 3 Dec 15th

glenpreece
12-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Today I was up early to get to DHS for rope drop. Along with alot of other people it seemed. While in line I was surrounded by fellow Canucks! The people in front of me were from Nova Scotia and the people behind and beside me were from Québec. So we get in and have to watch the little show they put on before rope drop and then BAM!!! Everyone headed for Toy Story Mania.

I got in the fast pass line and waited about 10 mins for a FP!!! After which I decided to go through the normal line too so I could do it twice. I will say this queue is really well done and it moves really quick. They even tell you to keep your group together because the line moves too fast to meet up in the line and frankily there's not much room. So people were even arguing with the Cm's about this. I really wanted to say "lady get over yourself and wait like the rest of us!!"

As for TSM it was good. Not great just good. I am not a big carny game kinda guy or video games for that matter so it was just ok for me. I'd never wait in that line again for it. Oh another thing why do people have to have there kids wait in front of the Mr Potato for their family and block everybody's pics? We want to take pics too not just you guys!!!

So after that i decided to wait in the loooong line to see Buzz and Woody. i really like their new meet and greet spot. It's cute and full of pic ops.

After that I had an hour to kill before my FP. So I headed over to Muppets to do some pics and walked around the Streets of America to take various pics.

I did my 2nd ride through of TSM (still didn't crack 100 000 pts :( and then I decided to call it a day here and went back to Pop.

I headed to DTD to have some lunch at the T-Rex restaurant. I thought it would be cool and a way to do Dinos without going on the ride. (I really hate this ride now after being in the front row and reading KK2) It was a nice place. i ate right beside a Triceratops. My meal was $20 bucks. Kinda not worth it but the animatronics were good. i wouldn't go back though. After this I strolled through some stores. i checked out the new Design a T shop (no Jessica Rabbit btw) I didn't buy anything while I was here. Kinda hard to buy stuff when you already have everything you like lol.

So after going back to Pop I had a shower and got ready for my meeting with Austin in Epcot that night. Have I mentioned I am getting tired of Epcot?

So I headed over and do characters while I waited for Austin. (he told me to stop and wait for him lol) I met Belle and Beast, Mary Poppins, headed back to FW to meet Austin and did a really cool Soarin' pic. So off to SE to wait for him. I sat over by the Art store and waited. He came by a few mins later and we were off to hit Club Cool and then some characters as well as some chatting to get to know each other. Epcot is apparently his fav park, especially WS. I said if I wanted to go to China I'd go there lol.

We walked and talked and met Mushu and waited for Mulan but she was pulled to Akershus so no luck seeing her. The photopass photog said he wanted to Mulan too, really wanted to see her. (weirdo??)

We hightailed it over to over to Morocco so Austin could meet Jasmine. Who else should be there but the Genie!!! But as we walked in he left. I was not happy I wanted to meet Genie. Austin was glad to see Jasmine though. as were were talking and i was saying I think that's Al and Jas from yesterday, the Genie popped back in w/o me even noticing!! So bonus we got to meet all 3. And you know what they remembered me!!!! Aladdin is even in one pic talking to me about how he remembers me and asking why we weren't staying together. I explained he was with his family lol. (the day before I was trying to tell them about Austin but they didn't hear me right so i referred to him as my bf (though he's not) so that's why they asked lol)

So anyways after that delightful meet we were off to Germnany to meet Snow White. autin even traded a pin to get me an Ariel pin, how sweet right? :) Then it was off to the UK for some dinner of Fish and chips. Austin had never had them before. I think he liked them??? not sure

We decided to try and meet Pooh and friends in the UK whcih we managed. The handler played for our team as well lol. Tigger got all excited that Austin had a pin of him on his lanyard (as well as a rainbow mickey head cough"mo"cough) So while we were meeting them i got pushed to the end of the row in the pic and apparently Tigger got a little "grabby' with Austin. lol So for the rest of the night I kept teasing him about getting "touched" by Tigger. lol serves him right for trying to get me to say "eh" and making fun of how I say "washroom" apparently I put an r in the wash part.

After which we headed up to SE earth so Austin could ride it and we did some games afterward in the post show area. We stopped at mouse gear to look at some stuff and saw a really cute purple fairies back pack. Even though it was $16.95 i had to buy it. Now this right here shows what type of person Austin is. And if for some reason I never do see him again or whatever I will always remember this. I asked Austin if he'd still be seen with me if I wore this back pack. His reply was "Of course, if somebody wouldn't want to be seen with you while you wore it than they aren't somebody you should be friends with." Wow this coming from a 19 yo!!!! I was really touched by this. Ok so no more touchy feely stuff since I am tearing up a bit here lol.

We did some pics in front of various Christmas displays and headed to France to watch the fireworks. I wanted to steal a kiss but wasn't too sure about how he felt and I won't do that while people are nearby. Unlike the people beside us whoI wanted to tell "Get a room!"

So after the wonderful fireworks we wandered to the front of the park doing some pics along the way and chatting some more. I was going to head back to his resort with him and then head over to DTD but since it was after 10pm and he was at ASMov I'd never get to DTD in time for shopping. So we said our goodbye with a hug and we each headed home. That folks was the last time I saw him. We continued to text each other during the trip but our scheds never allowed us to meet again. We exchanged facebook info and e-mail add's but my prior luck with guys will surely see this friendship fade. But still I have some great memories of my fellow Disney 'mo from Atl.

DisneyGlutton
12-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Another excellent and entertaining trip report, though the ending is sad!:(

How did you think the crowds were overall? I was there 12/13-19 myself and thought at times the crowds were terrible a lot of the time, though at other times they was little to no wait for big rides (like when I usually go in early May).

Sunshine1010
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Chapter 4 ??????

Perhaps he can be your new travelling buddy so there wouldn't be anymore solo trips.

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Sounds like your time with Austin was positive, and hey, you never know..you may meet up again..
I loved hearing about your day, and look forward to more!

glenpreece
12-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Another excellent and entertaining trip report, though the ending is sad!:(

How did you think the crowds were overall? I was there 12/13-19 myself and thought at times the crowds were terrible a lot of the time, though at other times they was little to no wait for big rides (like when I usually go in early May).

I agree some crowds were nuts compared to when I usually go in Jan but I had no real plans to do rides this trip it was all about characters for me.

DisneyGlutton
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Btw, despite your unfortunate dislike for Epcot, what do you think of the Canada Pavilion? :mickey:

glenpreece
12-21-2008, 10:38 PM
We don't all wear plaid, eat salmon and maple syrup. I don't own anything like the stuff they sell in the shop there either. It's so stereotypical but thank god they updated the movie. i applied to work there twice but got wait listed both times. My guess is because I am more into Disney than Canada, lol.

DisneyGlutton
12-21-2008, 11:05 PM
We don't all wear plaid, eat salmon and maple syrup.

But you all do say "eh" right? B/c I would be totally disillusioned if not.

It's so stereotypical but thank god they updated the movie.

You like the movie? Even though its hosted by Martin Short? Well whatever floats your boat.
;)

(Btw, I'm sort of flabbergasted you didn't care about going on rides...its beyond belief...)

pdrlkr
12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Sounds like it was a very nice day. Too bad you and Austin didn't get any more chances to get together!

glenpreece
12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
But you all do say "eh" right? B/c I would be totally disillusioned if not.

You like the movie? Even though its hosted by Martin Short? Well whatever floats your boat.
;)

(Btw, I'm sort of flabbergasted you didn't care about going on rides...its beyond belief...)

I never said I liked the movie, lol. Martin Short is ok but a tleast they get past the whole Canada is cold 365!!!

Well this time was more about characters and shows for me. I wanted to do something I hadn't done before.

stitchaholic
12-23-2008, 05:04 AM
glendon,you are a great storyteller,i hope that you do this for a living! from a fellow canadian,i feel compelled to tell the rest of you that we do not live in igloo's,own 12 dogs and a sled,we do have summer,and we most definitly say EH! but after a week in the us,the eh turns to a huh(not sure how that should be spelt).

austin sounds adorable and like a keeper,you should definitly keep in touch.

glenpreece
12-23-2008, 11:30 PM
glendon,you are a great storyteller,i hope that you do this for a living! from a fellow canadian,i feel compelled to tell the rest of you that we do not live in igloo's,own 12 dogs and a sled,we do have summer,and we most definitly say EH! but after a week in the us,the eh turns to a huh(not sure how that should be spelt).

austin sounds adorable and like a keeper,you should definitly keep in touch.

Thanks!!!
And believe me I want to stay in touch with him!!!

DisneyGlutton
12-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Have you told Austin about the your trip reports? You totally should, and he should do his own report about meeting and hanging out with you, lol

glenpreece
12-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Have you told Austin about the your trip reports? You totally should, and he should do his own report about meeting and hanging out with you, lol

No I haven'r actually, not sure if I should or not lol.