PDA

View Full Version : Glendon's solo trip Day 2 Dec 14th

glenpreece
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Off to Epcot for Day 2. I was out to meet as many characters as I possibly could. I made it to Epcot just before rope drop and was about 6 people back from the rope. I was kinda worried that everyone was going to head for the character spot. But as usual people headed for Soarin', TT and MS. So i was the 3rd "family" to Mickey and the Gang. It was great getting to see them one right after the other. I've done this on a couple trips and it works out great each time!! I had each character hold my Rosetta doll I had purchased after meeting Rosetta yesterday. some of the pics aree really cute.

After meeting the fab 5 I headed over to Soarin' to grab a fast pass since the wait was 20 mins. Not that I wouldn't wait but I didn't feel the need to ride it more than once this trip. So it was off to Test Track and MS. TT was fun as always and I literally walked on using the single rider line. I got to push through the doors of the viewing room and walk right on in less than 30 secs. Then it was off to MS. I decided to try the Green Team sibnce I always did the Orange. It was nice. LOL, yeah nice no other way to explain it really.

Then it was off to take some pics. There's a story here. A year or two ago my bff Larissa were going to Canada's Wonderland and stopped at McD's for bfast. They had those Shrek toys in the Happy Meals and I wanted Gingy, they had it and the rest is history. Gingy accompanied us around Wonderland having his pic taken on rides and he even did a photo story on facebook about his trip to Wonderland. well this time he went to WDW and so we did some pics of various attractions. The resurlts are pretty funny actually.

So back to the TR lol. I headed back to Soarin' and rode it with no wait cause being a single rider I got pulled up as soon as I got in line. I love this ride, it's so relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. At the end of the ride some little girl was balling her eys out and freaking out. I dunno I guess the fireworks scared her or something.

Oh well off I went to hit Nemo. I just do this really to kill some time and get out of the heat. Oh did I mention the heat? Yeah 80+ each day except for day 1. What is this summer time? Nemo stopped several times to let people load on and off.

After this it was off to WS for some more characters. After a delicious bfast of rice cream and a purchase of Laila from Norway (this reminds me of Disney so much i am wearing it as I type this report lol) I was off to Germany to wait for Snow White. I was her first guest of the day, we had a nice chat and she even held Rosetta in the picture.

Next it was off to Morocco to meet Aladdin and Jasmine. I stopped in at the Tangerine Café for a refreshing tangerine slushy (non alcoholic) Austin and I were texting back and forth as I filled him in on who I was meeting. He told me Jasmine was his fav and I explained that mine was Ariel. (I have a thing for red heads ;) So I got to meet them and explained to Jasmine she's Austin's fav princess. I explained that he was with his family over at the Studios but would be here tomorrow with me.

Then it was off to meet Aurora over in France. I watched Pere Noel do his show and met up with some fellow Canadians from disboards. I tried to do the Kim Possible thing but it was closed for the day. After that it was back to Pop Century to charge my phone.

I figured I might as well head over to AK to ride Everest once or twice while my phone charged. I did some pics with the photopass photogs including a cute one holding Simba.

I went to the art shop in AK because I always seem to find things there that the other stores seem to sell out of. I found the Thomas Kinkade litho I have been looking for over the past couple years lol. Got it and some peppermint bark (mmmmm) and some lithos. I decided to head back to the resort and get something to eat before I headed over to DHS.I had my fav Pop dinner of Nachos supreme.

Then it was off to DHS. I was wearing a white news boy cap, and this is key to this evening. while waiting to do pics at several different spots I was asked if I was a CM. I even had some fellow guests treat me as a CM by just handing me their camera and telling me to take their pic no thanks, nothing!!! I thought this was kinda funny. i even told some of the CM's I wished I was a CM here. I was going to do Fantasmic but the crowds were nuts so i just did the Osbourne lights. I had to call my mom and tell her about. We go nuts at christmas here. We have 5 different trees in our house. so after some pics, calls and texts to friends and Austin it was time to do ToT and RNRC.

I hate when big groups do the single rider line and then try to weasel their way onto the ride together. Bravo to all the CM's who refused to keep them together and broke them apart!!!! My wait for ToT was next to nothing cause they asked for a single rider and I was off in less than 5 mins tops. The park was slammed so it was time to head back to Pop for a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow more DHS and Epcot, I am really getting tired of Epcot lol.

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow! You sure covered alot of ground!! Thanks for reporting!

faline
12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Busy day with lots of fun character interaction!

pdrlkr
12-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
12-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Great day!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey: