PDA

View Full Version : bed request ?

michelLe x3
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I was wondering what I have to do to get a room with one bed in it not two. Last year i went with my DBF and it was annoying sleeping in 1 of the 2 tiny beds. Do i have to do something before I get there to request it or do I just ask when I get there ? TIA

Brooklynos
12-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Most of the time you would book a King Bed room for a small premium. That's what my DH and I do every time because we like one bed as well. It's well worth the extra money!!!! :mickey:

wendy*darling
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM
You have to request a King Bed room.
There are fewer of them, and they usually cost a bit more.
But it is a request you need to make when you book your room.

disneyworld55925592
12-22-2008, 10:01 AM
call and request before you'll have a better chance of getting it! :mickey:

Bri
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
i don't know if you can pay for a king bed room at pop, i think it's only a request. they don't have a lot of king bed rooms, like only a handful of rooms have them (you will hear the explination when you check in if you don't get one). just be willing to switch rooms mid stay if something comes available.

TammiMcMan
12-23-2008, 04:03 PM
The only way to guarantee a king bed room, is to book a resort where you can pay extra for one. Otherwise, it's request only. You can have it noted on your reservation and ask again at check-in. I believe that many of the king bed rooms in the value resorts are classified as HA (handicapped accessible). Those with medical needs will be given priority over a standard request.

CleveRocks
12-24-2008, 12:18 AM
If you want to GUARANTEE you get a king-size bed in your room, then your best bet is to book at one of the four "Moderate" resorts. These are Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs Resort, Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside.

At those 4 resorts, king-size bed is a separate room category that must be reserved, and costs an extra amount per night. If you merely request a king-size bed at a Moderate resort, your odds of getting it are pretty low, as everyone who actually reserved AND PAID for one is in line ahead of you.

At the "Value" (the least expensive) resorts (Pop Century and the three All Stars resorts), a king-size bed room is strictly a request, with no possibility of guaranteeing it for yourself.

At the "Deluxe" (the most expensive) resorts, from what I can tell very few of them have king-size bed as a room category, and even then it's not available in all room types (such as at Contemporary), unless you go up to the suite or concierge levels.

So like I said, book at a Moderate resort, RESERVE AND PAY FOR a king-size bed room, and you'll be just fine. DO NOT merely request it.

Disney Lynn
12-24-2008, 07:34 AM
At the Values, in addition to requesting a King bed room when you book, also plan on arriving to check-in early in the day. If you weren't "assigned" to one, the CM may be able to rearrange rooms for you. If you're late in the afternoon, your chances are not good.

Even though your room may not be ready until after 3 or 4 PM, you can check in at any time.