PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Dolphin and WL

christinelee10
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
We spent 4 days at the Dolphin and 4 days at the WL. At the Dolphin we had a water view overlooking Tower of Terror. Rooms were clean and yes, the beds are really "heavenly". Location was great, boats every 10 minutes or so to DHS or Epcot. We love to stay here due to proximity to Epcot and Boardwalk. All hotels were decorated beautifully for the holidays.
WL was far better than I had imagined. After six trips to Disney, my husband states he never wants to stay anywhere else!!! It was like moving from the city "the Dolphin" to the country. Our room was corner room on first floor right across from pool bar and pool.......no, you can't hear the kids in the pool with the doors closed. We walked outside to pool, the boats were a two minute walk and best of all, I could turn the corner and see the Electrical Light Parade and Wishes from the beach!!! Walked by pook and we were at Roaring Forks, walked up stairs and in the lobby.
Every day we had towel animals, chocolates on the pillows, a big WL heart shaped chocolate and a card with a proverb on it every night. Turn down service every night with Xmas carols playing when we came back to our room. After Xmas I will post pics of the resort.
I'd be happy to answer any questions about the two resorts!!!:mickey:

thumperbug
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
The first time we stayed at WL was at Xmas time and we fell in love with the resort and only want to stay there. We stayed there another time and will be back again in Feb 09.

We love the resort and the proximity to everything and as DVC member staying in the Villas, I love that the bus stop is pretty much right outside our door.

christinelee10
12-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I love that the Villas main lobby is a miniature of WL...........Disney thinks of everything. WL was definitely the nicest decorated resort (I think) of all the Disney properties.........and we toured them all!!!!!!!!!!:secret: