PDA

View Full Version : I don't care who you are, it's cold!!!!

Marker
12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
This morning I saw -2 on our thermometer. Right now, it's 9 and windy. I don't care who you are, or where you're from, it's cold out.

I'm sitting here watching the Chiefs game, about 10 miles away, and thinking those people are NUTS!!!! Actually I know several people who had tickets and didn't go.

This is only the first day of winter, but I already want summer back.

elmjimmlm
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Do you think its global warming?:flame::sun:

dfamasb
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I hear ya!! I'm just down the road in Lee's Summit and it is definitely FREEZING out!!:camp:

WDWfanatic742
12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Got to love it down here. It's a warm 80 degrees :sun: :D

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Got to love it down here. It's a warm 80 degrees :sun: :D

Grrrrr..;) Its a balmy 20 degrees here. My DD12is pining for summer so much already. My DH is sick of shoveling already too! Me,? I don't mind that we are having a white Christmas!

Earnhardt321
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I am ready for summer. There is an arctic system moving through (so the weather report said) so up here in Canada, Saskatchewan in perticular it is -18 F. yep it's cold. I think moving to Florida is the only answer.

tinktude
12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I totally hear ya!!! It was actually painful to get out of my car and pump gas!!! I am ready for summer and winter just started.

chrisb26
12-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Today was terrible here it never got above 0 been like -3 all day. What makes it worse is its been very very windy making the wind chill -25 to -30. Tomorrow isn't going to be much better either :(

I can't wait for my trip to WDW in 2 weeks where I can get to the warmth.

iDisney
12-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Tell me. I just got back from Disney last night. Let me tell you, that was the saddest flight ever. My flight landed at about 7:20pm and we got home at around 2. We had to go extra slow because the roads were terrible. The power went out at around 3 AM, and has been off and on all day. I wanna go back to Florida!

Magic Smiles
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Today was freezing and blizzardy....-28 celsius (-18F) with the wind chill. We just finished digging out of about 12 inches of snow plus drifting due to the high winds. Please don't tell me that this will be a repeat of last winter..almost record snowfalls.

The older I get the more I dislike winter. A white christmas is great, but please melt and warm up on the 26th.

garymacd
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
This morning I saw -2 on our thermometer. Right now, it's 9 and windy. I don't care who you are, or where you're from, it's cold out.

I take it you mean -2 and 9 degrees Fahrenheit and not Celsius. If it was Celcius, that would be absolutely balmy!

We were sitting here at -18 degrees Celsius last night with a wind chill of -28, and, yeah it was a bit chilly. Our poor old dog looked at me like I was nuts when I told him it was time for our walk.

Nascfan
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Quick, someone throw a snowball at WDWfanatic742! :thedolls:

brad192
12-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I feel your pain. :yes: Just got back from my wonderful WDW trip on Saturday. :cloud9: Had to shovel a foot of snow from the driveway before I could pull in. :rolleyes: Looked at my watch while shovelling & noticed it was 12:15AM. Thought to myself "12 hours ago I was sitting outside Casey's munching a hotdog in the sun, wearing a t-shirt & shorts.":( And it didn't get out of the single digits all day Sunday.:mad::freeze:

Winter really stinks...:blowup:

Itchy
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
WEll! BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE ( Near St Louis ). Yep its cold. But all I have to say is as follows:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year an Happy Holidays to the rest.:mickey::santa2::newyear::menorah:

pixiesmimi
12-23-2008, 08:01 PM
They said today that if this is Al Gore's Global Warming, then he needs his head examined. :) They said this year will go down as one of the coldest in a long time. I have a feeling it is just getting started and we are in for much more.

Earnhardt321
12-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Ok I drove for 5 hours yesterday and the temp never got warmer than -28 Celcius. When I started out it was -37. I need to go to Florida!!!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

LauraleeH
12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Tell me. I just got back from Disney last night. Let me tell you, that was the saddest flight ever. My flight landed at about 7:20pm and we got home at around 2. We had to go extra slow because the roads were terrible. The power went out at around 3 AM, and has been off and on all day. I wanna go back to Florida!
Let's trade! I'd much rather be in Indiana this time of year. Seriously, it's not that wonderful to have Christmas after Christmas of 80 degree weather.

Magic Smiles
01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
We are now into our 4th day of a deep freeze......and I mean a DEEP FREEZE. They say tonight is suppose to be warmer, only -25 celsuis. (-13 F). The last 3 nights it was -39 C (-38 F). Our city is using so much power, that some areas have lost power and ours was flickering tonight. The Hydro company is asking us not to use unnecessary power.