PDA

View Full Version : Easter wk POP, WL or CR

Crow
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
1) I wasnt planning on going to WDW in 2009 due to their cutbacks etc but my sister mentioned me taking the nephews. (I have been there many time, they have never)
2)Ive stayed at most of the resorts
3)Never went Easter wk due to crowds and prices
I got a quote from MJ (who I always use cause Karen is great) the diff from Pop to WL or Cont is around $1200
Which should i go with? nephews are 13 & 15
I love WL and liked my Cont stay, but Im also fine w POP. Staying at WL would appease me more w the theme and Artist Pt but the cost is high...also my view last time (woods view) was of the Villas. and the buses can be a long ride. but Im sure Easter wk will be crowded anyway. I dont know which resort may be more crowded at that time.
Cont has the monorail though. and it would be the same price as WL
but i could stay at POP and use the diff for food.

bouncer
12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
I see a lot of value in the CR & monorail. I don't like the crowding on buses and extra time wasted. I guess your budget should be your deciding factor. The kids really won't be wow'd by CR I wouldn't think. But the time on a bus really can take away from your trip especially during the busiest times of the year.

disneyworld55925592
12-21-2008, 03:28 PM
contemp because it will be very busy so you want a large means of transportation. You can walk to MK from the contemp which could come in handy during the busy parts of the day

disneydeb
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I usually vote for the most bang for the buck, so my choice would be Pop:mickey:

Have a great trip!

Crow
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
think Im going w POP for the cost difference. and I may use the DDP though Im not a big fan of it, but the nephews will want to eat Im sure.

crmark1
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
On our last trip, Easter week 2007 we stayed at POP. I didnt seem crowded to me at all. We stayed on the back side of the 50's building top floor with a view of EPCOT. The afternnon we checked in we were the only occupants on that wing on that side, on that floor.

mom2morgan
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
think Im going w POP for the cost difference. and I may use the DDP though Im not a big fan of it, but the nephews will want to eat Im sure.
Yes, that was going to be my recommendation - and I think a couple of young teens would get a kick out of POP.

Crow
12-23-2008, 02:34 PM
BOOKED!
Pop for 7 nights (Thanks Karen at MJ:thumbsup:)
heres hoping the crowds aren't bad for the nephews first trip (and my first time during this timeframe)