PDA

View Full Version : Horseback riding at WL?

all4djcc
12-21-2008, 09:52 AM
My 8 year old DD is a horse fanatic. Since we live in the northeast she is unable to ride from Dec to March. I was thinking about surprising her with a horseback riding excursion. Has anyone ever done this? Is it expensive? Any idea how long I should plan for it? Thanks so much!

KylesMom
12-21-2008, 10:29 AM
My 8 year old DD is a horse fanatic. Since we live in the northeast she is unable to ride from Dec to March. I was thinking about surprising her with a horseback riding excursion.

See the information listed under InfoCentral on horseback riding at Fort Wilderness. They do not have riding at WL.

Horseback Riding Info (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/recreation/horseback.asp)

Note there are minimum age requirements for the ride . . . if she will be 8 on your next trip, she wouldn't quite make the age limit. However, if she will qualify on your next trip, I think it would be a lot of fun!

playdead88
12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
its at ft. wilderness which is only a short boat ride away from wilderness lodge - my daughter only rode the mini ponies they had which was like 3$ for a short walk

joelkfla
12-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Note that this is a slow, stay-in-line, walking-only ride, geared to folks who have never ridden before.

If she is an accomplished horsewoman, she may be bored out of her mind. If she just rides occasionally, then it might be fun.

iheartdisney
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
We did it a few years ago when my daughter was about 11 and she LOVED it. She was a beginner rider and it is slow going but my father joined us and we all had a wonderful time. I don't remember it being too expensive. But then, the magical memories it created might have blocked out any outrageous pricing.