PDA

View Full Version : Mears Shuttle Question

Meteora
12-20-2008, 10:18 PM
HI all,
We are planning on taking the Mears shuttle to our resort from the airport. However, two of us are coming in from NY, and one of us is coming from Chicago. The flights should land within an hour of one another, and we'd like to travel together if possible. Does anyone know how that might work in terms of making the reservations, since they ask for your flight number and arrival time? Are you required to take the first shuttle after your flight has arrived?

Seasonscraps
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
For Mears (not magical express) I would tell them you are all on the later flight to avoid confusion. I am sure they use the flight arrival info for scheduling & routing purposes.

quicksilver
12-21-2008, 11:38 AM
FYI, this round trip with a regular Mears shuttle will cost you $96.00 + tip ($32.00 per person), with a towncar from us it would be $115.00 + tip and would include meet and greet, luggage assistance, and a free 30 minutes stop on route for groceries... :-)))

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Piglet822
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Which resort will you be staying at? If you are staying at a WDW owned resort you will be riding on Disney's Magical Express - for the Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and all Downtown Disney hotels (non Disney owned) you can use Mears (or towncar as Greg mentioned).
Mears does not require reservations upon arrival at the Orlando airport which leads me to believe you are referring to DME. In that case you are not assigned to a specific vehicle but will be placed upon the next bus going to your resort so if you want to travel with your friends simply wait for everyone to arrive and then check in at the Welcome Center together :)