PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and More, Day 5

Caroleh
12-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me..51 year old that has the heart and energy of a child and refuses to grow up
DH, That Guy..54 year old handler of above child

Day 5, Sunday, Dec. 14

Today we are moving a little slow, all the running has tired us out, along with my cold. Today is our last full day and we wanted to spend it with Ellen, Ben, Natalie, Matt and William. We all have become friends on the net and now in real life. I wish Ellen was a lot closer so we could see her more often. Natalie and Matt are closer, but with Canadian winters, we probably won't be seeing much of them!! We left POFQ around 9 and met up with everyone. Natalie was heading off to get FP's for Soarin' and Matt was taking the boys to MS. Since we had never done MS before and Ellen assured me that the MS green wasn't bad, we decided to do that. Ellen and Ben went with That Guy and me on the Green side and Matt and William did the Orange side. Now That Guy wants to do the Orange side and that isn't happening with me!!!

After MS we met Natalie at Nemo, I love that ride!!! Then we headed to Crush, I really like that show!!! It is so cute!! (Has anyone figured out just what or who is our predators are yet? Was it That Guy and Matt?:secret:) Then it was off to Spaceship Earth, followed by Soarin'. We then had lunch at Electric Umbrella, then back to the room for rest. I was actually feeling the best today and of course it had to be our last day.

When we finished resting I turned my cell phone back on and had noticed my DD had sent me a couple of messages to call her immediately...ok, now I'm thinking, what is wrong and how much is this going to cost me(since she usually wants money)..but instead she tells me she is engaged!!!! No wedding date, they want to wait. I couldn't think of a better place to be told that she was engaged!!! We quickly charged the phone(because someone didn't notice her battery was dead), then headed off to our ADR at Artist Point. Our food was wonderful!!! We were really watching the time though because I really wanted to meet up with Natalie, Matt and Ellen to tell them our great news!!! We made it Epcot and to our meeting place with a little time to spare before Illuminations. Last year we missed the Christmas version and really wanted to see it this year. After the fireworks we headed to Mousegears to find a mouse ear bride and groom hats for my DD and her fiance. They might not be going to WDW for a honeymoon, but her mother is going to make them wear the hats at the reception, after I decorate them up, of course!!!

We ended up closing down Epcot!! We headed back to our resort, packed everything up since DME was picking us up at 10:10 am.

It was a fantastic trip, even though we didn't ride very many rides, we had a wonderful time seeing old friends(a few we met before) and meeting new friends. We had a great time!!! There's no better way to spend a Disney trip with other Disney fans!!!

pdrlkr
12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 09:03 AM
:)Congratulations on the wonderful news of the engagement!!!!:)

faline
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats on your daughter's engagement! Sounds like that was a wonderful way to end a Disney trip!

ElenitaB
12-21-2008, 05:41 PM
It was so wonderful to finally meet you (and Gilles aka That Guy) face-to-face. :hug:

Sunday night was great: wonderful company, fabulous news re: your DD's engagement, and an amazing viewing of Illuminations with holiday Wishes in the background! :cloud9: