PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and More, Day 3

Caroleh
12-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me..51 year old that has the heart and energy of a child and refuses to grow up
DH, Gilles..54 year old handler of above child

Day 3, Friday, Dec. 12
After yet another night of capnaps, thanks to my cold we are both up getting ready for our day, when my cell phone lets me know I have a message. It was Where's Piglet letting me know she was in the food court. I quickly get dressed, and ran down to the food court, while Gilles slowly gets showered, dressed, shaved and meets up with us. While we were talking and waiting for Gilles, a CM came up to us,(I was wearing a birthday button since the pervious week was my birthday) asked us what my name was and told us to stay put for 2 minutes and 15 seconds. She came back with a sugar cookie with frosting and Mickey sprinkles for Bethany and me, along with Mardi Gras beads for the two of us and a birthday card for me. We go to our rooms drop things off and then head off to DHS to do TSM with Bethany. I really beat Gilles this time around!!!

After TSM, we walk to BW and the Swan with Bethany so she can keep a golf date at Fantasia Gardens, and we continue walking to Epcot. We walked around Epcot for a while, ate lunch at Sunshine Seasons(where I got another cookie) and then headed out to the monorail. I had asked if we could sit up front, they said I may have to wait for a couple of monorails, but that was fine with us. We only had to wait for one so it wasn't so bad. It was the first time we rode in front. We really enjoyed it. We went to MK, went on a few rides and then headed back to the room for a quick little rest.

We had to meet up with friends to see The Osborne Family Lights. We met up with Patti and Pogo, Rhonda and her husband, Jym, Rachel, little Alex and Jym's mother. Ellen, Ben, Natalie, Matt and William met us briefly since the boys had FP's for TSM. After the lights, we met up with Ellen, Ben, Natalie, Matt and William at the boat dock and headed off to Chefs de France for dinner. Since we were late for our reservation, Gilles speaks fluent French so he did some talking to the matone de and got us into the restruant, and while we were there he spoke French to all our servers. We really got great service. This was our first time there and we diffentately will be going back.

After dinner we were all cold and tired so we headed back to our rooms to call it a night.

ElenitaB
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM
You sure managed to do a lot on Friday.

That was probably the slowest boat ride over to Epcot ever! Thank goodness Gilles was able to sweet talk the Chef front desk people so they would honor our ADR, even though we were late (I guess planning an hour between DHS and Epcot is no longer enough :( ). I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't have their heater "lamps" running that night. It was cold! :freeze:

pdrlkr
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 08:59 AM
How terrific that you got your ADR honored! A wonderful day!

faline
12-21-2008, 04:59 PM
What a fun dinner you must have had!