PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Fun and more Day 1 and 2

Caroleh
12-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me..51 year old that has the heart and energy of a child and refuses to grow up
DH, Gilles..54 year old handler of above child

Day 1, Wednesday, Dec.10
We headed off to the airport nice and early since we had a 10:40 flight. We were there by 8, made it though customs and security really quickly. While waiting for our flight we grabbed a quick breakfast, a muffin and coffee for Gilles and orange juice and croissant for me. Since the day and night before our trip there was snow, rain then freezing rain our crew's flight was delayed by about 1/2 hour and then one crew member got sick, so we were delayed by another 1/2 hour. Finally by 11:40, we were taking off.:( That was an hour of my Disney time!! Anyway it was a very uneventful flight, which is a good thing considering what the weather was doing under us. We landed at MCO, head for DME and was headed directly out to the bus with no waiting!!!

We reached POFQ, checked-in, ran our carry-ons and laptop to the room and off to a park. We decided to do MK because I really needed to see the castle. We went to Buzz, HM, then ate at Pecos Bill's then off to POC. We did a little shopping then back to the room. I came down with a cold the day before we left and the flight did a number on my ear, so I was feeling really rotten and just wanted sleep. We did head out to see if we could find something for me to take for my cold at Fulton's, which we did and a few more items.

Day 2, Thursday, Dec. 11
My ear was feeling better so we headed to DHS, when we got there it decided that it wanted to start sprinkling so we bought an umbrella, headed off to TSM (we really love this ride!!), then slowly walked around trying to decide what we wanted to. We ended up talking to a CM for a while..we did end up giving her one of our thank you cards(she was totally shocked and gave me a hug), did a little more shopping then headed of to the boat to Epcot. While we were on the boat to Epcot the skies opened up and it began to pour. We get to Epcot, decide we'll grab an early lunch then head back to the room. We headed off to the Moroccan pavillon, looked around, picked up a couple of things and headed off to try and figure out what to eat. We ended up at the CS in Japan. My DH loves Japanese food and I'm not crazy about it. but our meal was really good.

After lunch, we headed to the front of the park. Two people under the umbrella was not working out at all and I was getting soaked, so we ended up buy a rain poncho for me. The puddles from the rain were so deep that my pants were soaking up the water, by the time we got to the from of the park, my pants were so wet. We ended up back at the resort to get out of our wet clothes. When we got back, of course the rain had stopped, but that was okay, because I really needed to dry out and get some rest since that night we had tickets to La Nubia.

We headed toward DTD for a 5 o'clock ADR for Capt. Jacks. The food was good, but it's not some place I'd really want to go back to. Since our tickets were for the 9 performance, we walked around Marketplace looking at the different shops, then through PI, the West Side. We had never been through PI or WS before so we had fun with all the different entertainment going on in the streets on WS. We wish we would have visited PI before they closed things down. We went into the Virgin Mega store and killed a lot of time.

We went to La Nubia and loved every second of it. I really recommand that if you have a chance to see this show, see it. It is worth every penny you spend to see it. Gilles was speechless, as was I and that's really hard to do. The time went past so very quickly.

After the show we headed back to the room to call it a night.

ElenitaB
12-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry your flight got delayed! Don't the airlines realize they're playing with Disney time! The nerve! ;)

Sorry you got drenched... I'm sure that didn't help your cold either.

I'm so glad you enjoyed La Nouba. It's a very cool show and experience.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm glad you had a good start, despite the weather-delays! :plane:

Not only are you in Disney, but you're got a break from the crazy cold-snowy early winter weather we've all been facing! :freeze::snowball:

pdrlkr
12-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Glad your ear is feeling better.
I totally agree about La Nouba. We saw that and were hooked on Cirque! We've since saw 5 more, including Wintuk two weeks ago. The shows do indeed leave you speechless.

laward32
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Sounded like a great couple of days, other than your ear. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Even though you were delayed, you did get to Disney World which is good!

La Nouba is fantastic! Glad you enjoyed it!