PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head vs Vero Beach

MILWDIANA
12-20-2008, 12:48 PM
We are looking at going to either Hilton Head or Vero Beach for a week at the end of July. Which would you recommend and why????? :confused:

Thanks!!

buzznwoodysmom
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I haven't been to HHI, but we spent a long weekend at Vero Beach this past summer and we loved it. I thought it was the perfect combination of Disney, beach and relaxation. Keep in mind that if you are at Vero you are just about an hour away from WDW incase you decide you want to do more than the beach and pool. Plus you are also about an hour from Kennedy Space Center for more great fun. We pretty much stayed at the resort for 2 whole days without the desire to leave at all, one day we spent at Kennedy Space Center and also stopped in Cocoa Beach for a while. But we could have easily stayed at the resort the entire time without it getting old. We would love to try HHI one day as well, but we were combining a short stop at WDW with this particular trip which is why we choose Vero Beach. Either way I am sure you'll have a great time.

Ian
12-21-2008, 08:41 AM
We stayed at Vero for 3 days this past September and we loved it.

The only drawback I can see is, at the end of July, it's going to be un-Godly hot. For that reason alone, HHI may be the better choice at that time of the year.

The HHI resort looks gorgeous. We were thinking of checking it out some time soon.

Simba's Mom
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
I think Vero Beach is located right on the ocean, but at HHI, you'd need to take a shuttle bus or drive about a mile to the ocean. HHI is on the marsh and surrounded by nature and a lot of trees (and birds!) Also, not many options of eating right at the resort at HHI. Depends on which you prefer.

hlkeck
01-02-2009, 05:22 PM
My kids (DD6, DS4) LOVED VB and talk about it all the time a year later. We really want to go back!

It's a very laid-back, very nice, fun resort!