PDA

View Full Version : DDP question/confusion?

mom2morgan
12-20-2008, 10:21 AM
We just got and I was surprised to notice that every time we used a counter service credit it just told us "how many" were left, but didn't divide them into child and adult. I don't know if what THEY are looking at breaks it down but the receipt sure doesn't, and I found it really hard to keep track of who had used their credit and who hadn't, since we didn't always eat together. I'm *guessing* that they don't really know how many of each you have, and we're just on the honour system for it....and I think I got it "right" but can't be absolutely sure.

hardingella
12-20-2008, 11:42 AM
We have used DDp twice now and found exactly th same, they dont know how many of each CS you have had, kids or adults, it is just grouped together.
In the end we decided tho use this to our advantage, as DD9 found the CS choice for kids VERY limited especially at POP.DH would go up and buy DS6 and his meal first then i would go and get my meal and an adult meal for DD. I was never once stopped or questioned about it.Yes, i suppose it is dishonest, but its a huge loophole in the DP, and also the DP is very confusing, even for the staff, CS items are the worst, it took a long time work out what was a snack, what could be used as a dessert and what couldnt, what was too big or too small etc.
Disney do need to simplfy it, make it easier to follow and introduce a wider variety for kids, not just burgers, double cheese, and chicken strips, and mac and cheese. Small adult versions of everything would be great.:mickey:

BMan62
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM
CS is CS is CS. It really does not make a difference. The difference in the Adult vs. Child DDP is in the TS meals only. Your snacks and CS credits are all rolled up together, so you really have to take care of how and when you use them. The slip will tell you how many total CS or snack credits are left for your entire group (all those staying in the same room.)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Until they change it.

But, technically, if you have 2 adults and 2 children, then you couldn't get all 4 as adult meals at once and use the DDP. The card shows how many there are in the room and they would be making you pay out of pocket for the additional adult meals (since the cards say only 2 are in the room).

Does that always happen? No, probably not.

Personally, I would love to see them change it and add the ability to separate them. Because people cheat the system, and yes....it's cheating the system.

mom2morgan
12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Until they change it.

But, technically, if you have 2 adults and 2 children, then you couldn't get all 4 as adult meals at once and use the DDP. The card shows how many there are in the room and they would be making you pay out of pocket for the additional adult meals (since the cards say only 2 are in the room).

Does that always happen? No, probably not.

Personally, I would love to see them change it and add the ability to separate them. Because people cheat the system, and yes....it's cheating the system.

I agree. and I think we accidentally cheated because my 9 year old at one point got a double-bacon-cheeseburger with fries, a drink and a dessert. I'm SURE that was an adult meal, but she was fetching ketchup while my husband paid, so it went through. I swear we didn't do that deliberately - my poor hubby is so confused by the dining plan that he never could get his head around it ....and at POR only the breakfast items are specifically labelled as "kids menu"- for lunch, you couldn't really tell.

DisneyBabies
12-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Are the adult meals separated from the child meals when you have the deluxe DDP since they don't know if you are using the credits as TS or CS? Because I really don't want to have to keep track.

TikiGoddess
12-21-2008, 01:08 PM

We are having a similar debate to this one in this thread:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=146999

I read an article about the DDP and turns out the reporter ADVOCATED that you get adult CS with 'child' CS meal credits.

I know what the printed rule says: you should only be able to order what is on your hotel cards (i.e. 2A, 2C). Children are supposed to order from the kids menu where available. BUT if Disney is not enforcing this rule -- in fact, at times the CMs have been reported as encouraging guests to break the rule -- which do you follow? Disney's word or Disney's actions??

To me, this is not a black and white issue.
Kathy

Figment!
12-21-2008, 04:13 PM
:cop: **Moderator Note** :cop:

As far as INTERCOT is concerned, the Disney's Official Printed publication is the rule.

Although Cast Members are intended to uphold the Walt Disney World resorts policies, their individual actions should not be interpreted as changes or omissions to the rules and regulations that the Resort has published and distributed to Guests of a participating program.

As the Walt Disney World resorts printed rule on this matter has been made clear in discussion and INTERCOT does not allow discussion to what degree rules are enforced, this discussion is closed.