PDA

View Full Version : The snowball trip == part 2

mudpuppysmom
12-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Well, as you might have guessed if you read the first day of our trip, things did not get much better on Thursday.

I woke up outside we were greeted by ominous skies. My DSis had already listened to the weather and there was a tornado warning in effect and also rain expected. Well, before we could formulate a real plan it started to rain. So our plan to go to AK was squashed no only by the tornado warning (more importantly) but the rain that was parked over WDW.

We had made an appt the night before to go on the DVC tour (I had gotten an "invitation" in my room to go and check it out and receive a gift card for doing so -- which DH and I are interested in buying in, so it was a win win situation -- we could find out what was involved AND get a gift card for doing so). SO, instead of venturing out to a park we trekked downstairs to the DVC desk to see if they could take us early (earlier than 8 am Friday). Turns out they had space at noon, so we took it as the rain was not supposed to stop until mid afternoon. The kids putz'd around in the lobby doing activities until it was time to go. We only had to take DS#2 with us (he is only 6 mo old, so he could not go to the kids club with the others). Basil picked us up and ran us over to the DVC place and checked us in. Humberto was a nice guide and he knew DVC inside and out. We talked about buying into BLT (Bay Lake Tower). He showed us the models and I gotta say, I LOVE the 1 BR for BLT1!! He crunched the numbers and right now with me staying at home it just is not a feasible option we decided.....hmmmm, should I return to work???? OR< stay at home with the kids?!?!??!?! I really like staying home with my kids, but I miss adult conversation......I chose staying at hoome though of course!! So no DVC for us just yet. DSis also went along and she was actually interested too, but things are really tight for her as it is, so no DVC for her either. We picked up the kids, who did not want to leave and headed to the ice cream parlor. Basil picked us back up and returned us to AKL as the rain stopped.

You can all see how much I remember, because we went to MGM this night, not last night!! The kids swam and kicked around the resort on Wednesday and we did not do a park, but we went to MGM tonight instead, so refer back to that part of my report from yesterday. Also I forgot to mention I had to pack all our stuff up and get ready to move Thursday morning......which Thursday morning I drug all our luggage into DSis' room to be stored until we got back from the DVC presentation.....and the microwave saga began again (they didn't just transfer our microwave from our other room into the new room!! Three phone calls later we had one again......why it takes so much coordination to just move the darn thing I have no idea).

So, now we're back from MGM, I washed bottles and sterilized them but I couldn't go to bed just yet. DSis' BF was flying in from Philly and his plane was delayed, so we waited to go to the airport to pick him up.....at 2:30 am he got in the car and we were back at AKL around 3 am. Finally I tried to sleep!

Friday morning we were supposed to go to breakfast at CP in MK, but since we didn't really get to sleep until after 3 am DSis said they didn't want to go -- and neither did I personally, so I got up at 7 and cancelled our ADR then tried to go back to sleep -- which didn't happen b/c DS#2 was now up and ready to eat.

Friday once we got started we went to Epcot and I ran to get FP's for Soarin right away. Our return time was between 5 and 6 pm. We ate at Sunshine Seasons and by the time we were done FP return time was after 8 pm (in less than an hour it went up that much). We split from DSis and her family and went to do a few things DS#1 likes to do. It was about time for dinner (5:45 at Tokyo Dining) so we headed that way for checkin. I think DH enjoyed his meal and I tried the Bento Box (DH had the sushi sampler and sake sampler). I liked the vegetable patty think and the seaweed salad in my bento box, but that was about it....and WOW wasabi is HOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! DS got the teriyaki chicken and ate every single bite, plus all his rice. He did however not eat the succotash -- WHY would they think a little kid would eat lima beans is beyond me, but I'm sure there are kids out there that would eat them -- just not mine, plus he doesn't eat corn or peas either. He also ate half my rice and then his fruit cup and choc chip cookie for dessert! I had the chocolate ginger cake (which was yummy!) and DH had the green tea pudding -- OK, not the top of my list though!

We met DSis downstairs and she took the kids while DH and I went to the CP. It was COLD!!! I had on shorts and a tshirt, but luckily I had brought my jacket!! We ironically got in line behind a woman from Pittsburgh, so we chatted with her until the line went in. I really enjoyed the CP this time with Marlee Matlin -- I specifically wanted to see her and she did not disappoint!! Even DH said what a great narrator she was, but he was puzzled when he saw her dancing. I had to explain to him how deaf people feel music thru vibration -- I went to Gallaudet Univ one time on a trip and we went to a frat party.....that was interesting and my body tingled for days from how LOUD the music was!

After the CP we caught the bus back to AKL as we had given the car keys to DSis since she had four kids and two strollers -- I thought that was only fair instead of her lugging the strollers and sleeping kids on the bus!

We got back to AKL around 10:30 and time to wash bottles and get ready for bed again.

Next up.....DTD shopping for passholders at 6 am!

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Alot of change of plans during your trip. Glad the CP was all you hoped for!!:mickey:

faline
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry, DVC won't work out for you right now!

Sounds like a wonderful Candlelight Processional performance!