PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road Irish Pub

GINNY69
12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Can anyone tell me how their dining experience was at Raglan Road Irish Pub in Downtown Disney was? I would love to go here for dinner and I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks alot and Merry Christmas... :mickey:

RedSoxFan
12-19-2008, 07:05 PM
We ate there in October and loved it. I had the steak, which in my opinion, was better than the steak I had at LeCellier. Would definitely eat there again.

andreallybadeggs
12-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Haven't had dinner there but very much enjoyed 2 lunches. :thumbsup:
PP just mentioned it in dining review and gave it an A+ so sounds like a winner to me.

handmaidenofprincesses
12-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Ate there on my trip in 2007 and *adored* it! :cloud9:The food was amazing beyond amazingness and our waitress Erin was so fabulous that we even took a picture with her! You'll love it! :eat:

Crow
12-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Ive had :beer: at the bar twice and had a lunch of fish and chips that was good.
Id say go for it

big blue and hairy
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
I have to ask this. Folks who love Raglan Road, what did you order? I want to live Ragaln Road, and it is entirely possible that I ordered the wrong things, but DW and I didn't care for the food either of the times we went. I love the place , but I need to know what food everyone likes.

:sulley:

DisneyGlutton
12-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Just ate there again on 12/16 for lunch. It was amazingly decorated for Christmas, the best of any restaurant I visited. The atmosphere during the rest of the year is also great, especially if you go at night (when I'm told there is a live band).

As for the food, its excellent (better than Rose and Crown IMHO). I was on the DDP and started with the Colpucinno (potato, cabbage, and bacon) soup, which is a really good and had a nice breadstick. My entree was the Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie, which was a fresh and scrumptious take on the classic dish. My Dad got Sod...the Stew for his entree; it came in its own lil cauldron on the plate! For desert, we got Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding; the pudding was in one crock, while the sauces were in two others. Every dish was elegantly and well done--I would highly recommend stopping in there.

Tink2002
12-24-2008, 07:44 AM
My boyfriend and I ate here last summer and we LOVE LOVE LOVED IT. The service was great, fun atmosphere, and good food! He had the "It's Not Bleedin' Chowder" and had the waiter laughing when he professed his love to it... apparently it was to die for.

Natazu
12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Raglan Road (Table Service) ☺☺☺
Three things come to mind when I think about Raglan Road: loud, inconsistent, and loud. Always, I find the live music to be entirely too loud, even for a bat. Aside from that, in my three trips to Raglan Road, I’ve found each time, new problems with the food and service. I have heard the food and service can be excellent. However for me, it's been food temperatures, portion size, accuracy, timeliness, incorrect bills, misquoted prices, it’s been one thing after another. Sure, there’s plenty of Guinness, a pretty dancer, and some of the food is quite good. The problem is, you never know which Raglan Road you’re going to get… the one with great food and service or the one desperately in need of a week with Gordon Ramsay.

epceddie
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
My wife and I ate there for our 1-year wedding anniversary on Oct. 20 and they took great care of us.

We got a table for two with high-backed cushioned chairs and we had a great waiter who was from Massachusetts, where we live.

The scallop forest appetizer was really good and my wife enjoyed the bangers and mash. I had a meatball dish with some pasta that was outstanding.

For dessert, we had the best bread pudding ever.

It was a great night. We started at the bar with Irish beer and whiskey and we had a very enjoyable dinner.

We're planning to go back in January.

AmandaChan
12-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Husband and I went the year before last and last year, we made sure it was the first restaurant we visited. It's different. It doesn't feel like a touristy restaurant at all... The quality is GREAT and everything that we have ever had there was amazing. Get the Forest of Scallops (each huge scallop is battered and each one is served on a standing fork of its own with a green flavorful salad). They give you bread before that is kind of like a honey loaf or something with a lot of ingredients. They give you some kind of honey dipping sauce that's also amazing. The beef stew looks like its a small portion but I have gotten it twice and I have never been able to finish it. Husband got the maple salmon and admittedly said it was the best salmon he has ever had and he is a HUGE seafood fan. It is one of our favorites.

jillluvsdisney
12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
We ate dinner there December 12. Devan was our server and she was very friendly.

I had the BLT salad with shrimp. My mother had the shepherd's pie and my dad had the salmon. They had creamed corn and crispy onions as sides too. For desert we had the sticky toffe pudding. We loved everything.

We were there at 5:15 pm, before the band and dancing so it wasn't loud.