PDA

View Full Version : SNOWING [Merged Threads]

bouncer
12-19-2008, 12:00 PM
:snowball:So around here we got a foot of new snow! :snowball:Tomorrow's forecast is 3-5 inches more. This is on top of the approx 22 inches we had gotten since the 1st of December. South of us in IL they got ice & snow. Poor DH had to drive to work. DS is loving it. :sled: I would much rather be at WDW right now. If this is December I really don't want January, February & March. Can we make it through the winter? Only have 114 more days till I'm in the World. :cloud9:

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 12:16 PM
We have a snow day here in Northwest NJ also! A foot of snow is expected!!

Bethis26fan
12-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I would trade you. I'm in SC and it's going to be 70 today. Less than a week till Christmas and it's 70. It's just not right.

one2goofy
12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
A trade sounds good to me! We have our 2nd no school day of the year (already)...No winter parties for the girls. We got .25" of ice and 2.5 inches of snow....NOT GOOD! We are suppose to get hit again Sunday!

We are on track thus far to repeat our record snow fall from last year!

HELP!! And I have no return trip to WDW in sight....:mad:

Dixie Springs
12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
9" and still falling here...

chrisb26
12-19-2008, 01:29 PM
The schools around here were all closed today as well.

Although we got the ice part not so much snow. We had at least an inch of ice :( As much as I hate snow this was way worse it is extremely difficult to clear ice off the driveway compared to snow :(

DisneyFreak23
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I live in Illinois where all the ice is :(
Every school around us was cancelled, except for my school, bleh! We got alot of ice and about 2 inches of snow, on top of 6 one wednesday. We are also scheduled to get more tomorrow and Sunday.

RedSoxFan
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
We are due to get up to 15" of snow in central NY. The kids were released from school early -- so that day counted. And we're getting more snow on Sunday.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-19-2008, 06:30 PM
I left work around 245pm this afternoon. It started coming down pretty fast. We are supposed to get 6-12" with more coming in on Sunday. And it's not officially winter yet!!

pixiesmimi
12-19-2008, 10:27 PM
:snowball:So around here we got a foot of new snow! :snowball:Tomorrow's forecast is 3-5 inches more. This is on top of the approx 22 inches we had gotten since the 1st of December. South of us in IL they got ice & snow. Poor DH had to drive to work. DS is loving it. :sled: I would much rather be at WDW right now. If this is December I really don't want January, February & March. Can we make it through the winter? Only have 114 more days till I'm in the World. :cloud9:

Where in WI are you? My DGS is supposed to be driving down with his dad from WI tomorrow to meet us in Nashville for a Christmas visit. His dad told us about the snow, etc. last night that they got but thought the driving weather for tomorrow would be okay. I was worried about them being able to get through Illinois. What do you all that live up there hear about that route down to Nashville for tomorrow? I'm hoping they will be able to make it. Then we are headed back to lower AL where it is 70 today. :)

TinkerbellT421
12-20-2008, 12:48 AM
Well I had a foot of snow in my driveway....Thank god it got plowed and I didnt have to shovel! :ill::freeze::snowball: Supposed to get a mix of rain and snow tomorrow and last but not least snow on sunday, monday and tuesday....but that was last time I checked....hopefully it all goes away! lol :(

bouncer
12-20-2008, 09:34 AM
:
Where in WI are you? My DGS is supposed to be driving down with his dad from WI tomorrow to meet us in Nashville for a Christmas visit. His dad told us about the snow, etc. last night that they got but thought the driving weather for tomorrow would be okay. I was worried about them being able to get through Illinois. What do you all that live up there hear about that route down to Nashville for tomorrow? I'm hoping they will be able to make it. Then we are headed back to lower AL where it is 70 today. :)

We live about 40 min north of Milwaukee. I think your son's travel should be ok depending on when they left. The snow was completely done by noon. My DH left last night to go to central IL last night about 6 and there were some patchy snowy spots but for the most part everything was clear including IL. I think that the main highways got cleared pretty quickly after the snow quit. The forecast for snow today is late afternoon into tonight. I think they should do well. Have a nice visit. :D

cindchan
12-21-2008, 01:36 AM
We got several inches on Friday, we're suppose to get 2 to 4 more inches tonight into tomorrow, and then another 2 to 4 on Monday. And then snow all week, except for when we're getting a wintry mix.

This is why I want to move to coastal VA.

Tink2002
12-21-2008, 09:03 AM
big storm blowing into ME today.... we're due to get 15-20" according to the forecast I just watched.... this is after the "dusting" that was really 3" yesterday and a storm last Wednesday... I think the stork made a mistake, I'm not made for this weather. :crazy:

IamBelle
12-21-2008, 12:03 PM
It is approaching 2 days of nonstop snow in New England. One storm started Fri. at 2 pm and lasted until Saturday night. Then today, it started around 9 this morning and is getting worse. I hope nobody loses power this time! I heard overnight there will be a freeze. Uh, then, its coming back Wednesday! This is the most snow I think we have ever had in a week (besides the bilzzard of '78 which i heard was bad)

TinkerbellT421
12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Im the state right next to you. And man its really bad outside. I think they just plowed my street for the first time since friday night....ITs soooooo cold outside right now. Im not going anywhere! lol

DisneyTiff
12-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm in the same situation. In Maine, we finally got power back, and now this.

It really makes me look forward to doing to WDW in Feb./Mar.

Try to stay warm!

Hair_Razor
12-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah we had it bad a couple years ago when we lost power for a week over Christmas and then we lost power for 8 days this past March when a big wind storm came through. I hope you stay safe having no power is terrible especially when its freezing outside. Prayers are with you.

ginger19
12-21-2008, 01:56 PM
We're getting hammered in NE CT right now! We've been constantly plowing and shoveling since friday. I miss WDW!

bouncer
12-21-2008, 02:20 PM
-5 static temp. -30 Wind Chill. BRRRRR!! I didn't go anywhere today either. :freeze: This is supposed to last through Monday. Tuesday we get back in the 20s but add 3-4 more inches of snow. WOW!

CanadianWDWFan
12-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I thought that we were getting the brunt of the storm here. We have now about 10" with more on the way. We here in the Great White North are more than happy to ship some of our winter cheer down to our good neighbors to the south.:D After all, isn't this what Free Trade is all about?:D

WARM :winter: wishes to all of you affected by this "Lovely" Christmas weather.

crazypoohbear
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
My credit union started sending people home on Friday about 2:00pm, all the people who live in the town that we are located that is.
I live 11 miles away and have to go up 2 BIG hills to get to my house but I couldn't leave.
"Only non essential employees could leave"
WHAT?????
Oh, I'm a receptionist!!!!!!
So I said "well, then I better be getting a huge raise if my job is that critical.
thank god I picked up my son from College on Thursday night because he would have been stuck in RI looking like scrooge in the christmas past scene :D
My Poor DH has been plowing almost non stop since friday!
He came home at 5:00 AM saturday (having gone to work for 7:00AM Friday) Then he went out Saturday from about 1:00pm til 8:00pm He came home, went to bed instead of coming with me to 2 christmas/Festivus parties.
Woke up Sunday morning, he started cooking breakfast, I woke the boy's up for church and then he got the call to get back out there. He left at 10:00AM and I haven't seen him since,(he did come by to go to the bathroom and plow our driveway!) It's now 7:30PM and no sign of when he will be home.

My DS works at a movie theater and had to go into work for 4:00Pm and isn't getting out until 12:30Am. I'm very nervous about him driving home then in this weather. Come on folks a Receptionist and a movie theater concession stand worker are Essentail employees. Give me a break!!!

VWL Mom
12-21-2008, 07:44 PM
DS17 had a baseball camp on Saturday at UConn which is 3 hours away. He and I left NJ at 11AM on Friday thinking we would be ahead of the storm. HA! We spent 7 1/2 hours trying to get there (normally 3 hr trip). Coming home last night was still 4 1/2 hours because I-84 was not plowed very well. That was enough snow to last me until summer, but it looks like this is going to be a tough winter.

pixiesmimi
12-21-2008, 08:22 PM
:

We live about 40 min north of Milwaukee. I think your son's travel should be ok depending on when they left. The snow was completely done by noon. My DH left last night to go to central IL last night about 6 and there were some patchy snowy spots but for the most part everything was clear including IL. I think that the main highways got cleared pretty quickly after the snow quit. The forecast for snow today is late afternoon into tonight. I think they should do well. Have a nice visit. :D

Well, they had icy conditions all the way down and it took them about 5 hours longer to get to Nashville than they had planned. The weather channel said it was blizzard conditions today in Chicago so they were having to face that going back. Better them than me. :D We came from 70 degrees in AL and this morning in Nashville had 31 with windchill of 11. BRRRR! I was glad to get back to the 70's this afternoon. :)

Magic Smiles
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
We just finished removing approx 12" of snow.........now guess what. It has started to snow again - a lot! Wonder how much this time. Mind you we don't have nearly as much as we did last year at this time. We returned home from WDW last year 21 Dec and the snow banks at the sides of our driveway were above my DS (16) shoulders.
I always feel so sorry for the poor birds in these storms. I feed them but there is too much snow on the feeders for the birds to get to. Will have to remedy that early tomorrow morning. They need their food to keep strong and healthy.

handmaidenofprincesses
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Ah the joys of living in New England... the thing that sort of irks me is we get snow EVERY YEAR and people were still freaking out all weekend, running each other down in the grocery stores and arguing over shovels and stuff. The government didn't exactly help of course; they cancelled school before it even started to snow (turns out the snow didn't even start here till an hour after school would have ended, so the kids got a freebie) and I have only seen a plow once in the last three days of snow... the patheticness is amazing...

thrillme
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok everybody...here's what you do...At 7:00 pm SHARP tonight...go outside and blow REALLY hard...in a southwesterly direction. Now EVERYBODY has to do this.

Maybe if all ya'lls get together and do this you'll blow some of that cold off of you and into Texas. I'm tired of this warm weather we are having. I think it's supposed to be in the mid 70's for Christmas with that rotten sunshine...

So everybody huff and puff and blow my way PLEASE!

SBETigg
12-22-2008, 01:04 PM
It finally stopped. At least it was nice dry, fluffy snow here and not the heavy wet stuff. We got about 18 inches. It's very cold out now, but that's winter in New England.

betteratmk
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
:D Unless texas Thrillme wants a riot!!! It is terrible here too. It has been snowing since Thursday night with only a few hours break on Saturday. We must have well over three feet of snow. I just finished making marshmallows and I always forget what a messy job that is!

VWL Mom
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Ok everybody...here's what you do...At 7:00 pm SHARP tonight...go outside and blow REALLY hard...in a southwesterly direction. Now EVERYBODY has to do this.

Maybe if all ya'lls get together and do this you'll blow some of that cold off of you and into Texas. I'm tired of this warm weather we are having. I think it's supposed to be in the mid 70's for Christmas with that rotten sunshine...

So everybody huff and puff and blow my way PLEASE!

I'll have my kids give it a try. Are we talking 7PM EST or CST time :D

TinkerbellT421
12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
As much as I despise the snow and cold weather at the same time I love it. After reading Texas Thrillmes post it triggered a conversation I just had the other day. I have a love/hate realtionship with snow/cold winters...I hate it when it happens, but really, if I lived in Texas, or California, I would absolutely HATE with every part of my being to have a Christmas day at 80 degrees....It just makes Christmas feel not as special when its burning hot outside. I love Christmas its my all time favorite holiday. And all the joys of snowball fights, making snowmen, roasting marshmellows over fires, and hot cocoa....all that stuff is such a joy to me, and you cannot exactly do all that stuff in 80 degree weather in tank tops and shorts :blush: lol...But after all that I still hate snow lol.....Im telling you its a love/hate relationship me and snow have...

thrillme
12-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Send me a little love/hate PLEASE...LOL :D

pixiesmimi
12-23-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm kind of with you, Thrillme. I don't really like cold weather, but if we are going to have it like yesterday and today right here at Christmas, I sure would rather it be snowing. It is supposed to be back up in the 70s on Christmas day. :( Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :snowball: :winter: :snowman: