PDA

View Full Version : Our Best Trip Ever at the Poly

jillluvsdisney
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I stayed at the Poly for a week with my Mom and Dad. We were there December 11-18. We had some rain the afternoon we landed, other than that the weather was very nice. The last 3 days of the trip we almost 80.:cloud9: I am 60 lbs lighter than last year which just made things much more comfortable overall. No sore feet either, all that time at the gym payed off.

My mother uses a wheelchair at Disney. Last year, I decided our next trip would be spent at the Poly. This was a great choice. We hadn't stayed there since 2000. We had a handicapped room in Rapa Nui. They all face the walkway side not the parking lot side. There is a parking lot right outside that building which was wonderful. We could park a 30 second walk to the door of the building. We rented a PT Cruiser from Dollar.The walk to the TTC monorail and ferry was very close also. We usually got off there instead of the Poly entrance. Our room was very clean and there were no complaints about mousekeeping.
We had 2 lunches and 1 breakfast at Capt Cooks. We all thought the food there was very good. We also had breakfast and dinner at Kona. Service and food were both great.:thumbsup:

Me and my Dad hit Epcot and MK before opening our first two days and were able to get to all the attractions we wanted. Before we got on Soarin, we got a Fast Pass and were able to ride it a second time an hour later. I love the changes made to SpaceShip Earth.:thumbsup:

The CandleLight Processional was wonderful. This was our 4rth performance and I think this was the best. Our narrator was Marlee Matlin. Even though she is deaf, she was always turning and watching the choir sing and the expressions on here face were amazing. My 18 year old niece is hard of hearing so seeing this performance put a lump in my throat. Marlee did all the signing and her interpretor spoke.

The Osbourne lights were breathtaking as always. While we were at MGM, I rode the Tower of Terror for the first time ever. The que area was so cool and I LOVED the ride. It was wicked fun. I got off and rode it again right away. I've never laughed so much on a ride before.

We sat the porch at Tony's and watched Spectro Magic and saw Wishes from the Poly and the California Grill.

We visited a few other resorts to see the decorations. GF, CR, BC and AKL. A special shout out to Art from the BC. He is a greeter in the lobby and is such a smiling person. The cutest thing I saw the whole trip was a very small boy in tux and santa hat inside the GF.:mickey:

I saw so many cast members who were happy, friendly and helpful on this trip. I made a point to chat with many of them and offer a thank you and tell them how polite and kind they were. It was always appreciated.

The only time I really noticed the crowds was at AK. We were not able to get there before opening either day. We did see Nemo and FOTLK and I got a Fast Pass for EE. The wait time for the safari was an hour so we skipped it.

I made a side trip to visit a friend who works for Osceola Co Fire and Rescue in St Cloud. We went to the Reedy Creek dispatch center which is north of the GF. That was an eye opener. I don't think too many resort guests get in there.

I'm going to do TS and CS reviews in Dining.

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!! We just love the Polynesian too!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Your trip sounds wonderful

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Glad you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for the report!

WDWFanatic
12-20-2008, 04:35 PM
What a great report. I love your upbeat attitude. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip.

And congrats on losing 60 lbs. That is awesome.:thumbsup: