PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated w/ Reservations System

DisnIse
12-19-2008, 09:29 AM
We decided about two weeks ago to take the family down to WDW over Christmas break. We've called almost every day to see if there have been cancelations at Chef Mickey. Today - HOORAY! They had availability for the 2nd and 3rd of January!!!

As we were making the reservations, we were cut off. I called back right away, to be told that there is no availability on either date. As I was explaining that the previous CM may hvae already entered some of my information, it popped into "If you'd like to participate in a brief survey..." and I was cut off from a person again.

The THIRD time I called back, the CM was basically saying, "too bad, so sad, bye bye!" I asked for a manager, and she said there are none on the reservations system, and there is nothing anyone could do anyway.

I know that they cannot build a table for us and create a reservation if they're booked, but I feel like the attitude of the CM was soooo not Disney. I want to tell someone (other than the automated survey).

Any suggestions?

WDWFanatic
12-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Have you had any luck yet? I hope you are able to get something. You can always try the walk up option. We've had luck showing up right before they open, but not during such a busy time.

Best of Luck! I'd keep calling.

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Thats a terribly frustrating situation. We did have luck walking up at Chef Mickey's without an ADR. It was for an early breakfast. I would try it if you cannot get an official ADR.

DisnIse
12-19-2008, 01:08 PM
No luck resolving this morning's situation. I did call back (I am a sucker for punishment) and there are still no ADRs available for Chef Mickey. I will keep trying, and keep the walk up option on the table. My kids love the new game room at the Contemporary anyway!

By the way, the CM that I spoke to most recently said that they're getting lots of cancellations today, and they're thinking it's because of the nasty weather up north. Doesn't that seem weird? Like a snowstorm today impacts trips in two weeks? I don't get it, but it'll keep me calling WDW DINE until we get there!

Speedy1998
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
they're thinking it's because of the nasty weather up north. Doesn't that seem weird? Like a snowstorm today impacts trips in two weeks? I don't get it, but it'll keep me calling WDW DINE until we get there!

I don't think it so much that the snow today will impact a trip in two weeks, but it can effect an individuals ability to go on the trip in two weeks. For example if you can not go to work for the next couple of days, you may have to make it up during your planned vacation (particularly if you own your own business).

TinkerbellT421
12-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Could also impact reservations for people that might be having flight delays....they might end up arriving a day later than planned and that might be the day they have reservations. I can see how that could put a lot of people in the cancel reservation tier.

PS-Sorry to hear about the issues you had with the reservation system. That really stinks. :(

WDWFanatic
12-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Any luck yet? Hope you've been able to get your reservation!

Heller109
12-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I would go to Chef Mickey's when they open which is think is around 7am. We stayed at the Contemporary & had reservations for 12-26 at 7:15 am. it wasn't terribly busy. We saw a few families approach the desk & asked if they had availability. The desk said they were able to accommodate them ! You never know - we bailed on quite a few breakfast reservations as our plans for the parks had changed based on how busy the parks were.

Jenn

pilk
12-30-2008, 10:59 AM
A couple years ago we made the mistake of not booking reservations as soon as possible. By the time we started booking our dinners, Chef Mickey's was all booked up during our trip. We keeped calling to see if there was any cancillactions, but unfortunatly there was not. We got down to WDW and headed over to the Contemporary. We went to the concierge desk and told them our sad story. The gentleman at the desk was very helpfull and was able to get us a table for one of the nights that we were there. Our problem was that we kept trying to book for the two of us. The CM at Contemporary told us that there weren't any tables for two available. What he did was booked a table for three then told us to tell the CM at Chef Mickey's that our third person couldn't make it. When we got there they seated us at a table for two.

If you get a chance try to book a larger table.