PDA

View Full Version : So what has changed from 2006?

asrai555
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I have browsed the boards here and there and even had 1 trip booked that I had to cancel since I last visited WDW is 2006. My question is what has changed, I saw a few things that make me curious

1. A place called Pixie Hollow opened up...I think it is in the tent at toon town right? Is it great and worth a wait?

2. Breakfastaurus moved from the old place to Tusker House...why? I used to love that character meal. Is it is still worth going to?

3. Did a new restaurant open in AK? What is it? Is it yummy?

Anything else? I have an UnOfficial Guide from 2006 but wonder if I should go out and get a new one.....I do love reading them over and over and over :secret:

teambricker04
12-18-2008, 10:44 PM
1. A place called Pixie Hollow opened up...I think it is in the tent at toon town right? Is it great and worth a wait? It is in the same tent at Mickey and the Princesses in Toon Town. I, personally, can't wait to see them, but I don't stand in long lines so I am going to make sure my family is there before they drop the rope so we can be some of the first in line. Also, it may depend on the crowd levels on how long the line it.

2. Breakfastaurus moved from the old place to Tusker House...why? I used to love that character meal. Is it is still worth going to? It is now Donalds Safari Breakfast. We have never eaten there so maybe some one else can give a review. It seems to have the same characters. I think the Yak & Yeti is where the old one was... we ate the CS and did not like it, but some one else may. We thought it was crowded and not very well organized.

3. Did a new restaurant open in AK? What is it? Is it yummy? See above... I say it is not tops, but I don't think there is much other than Flame Tree BBQ at AK that I like.

I LOVE reading the guide books as well!!! Maybe you should go to the library instead of buying one and compare it to what you have. Here is what I can think of that will be new to you...
Spaceship Earth refurb
Toy Story Mania
High School Musical Pep Rally
Monsters Inc. Comedy
Finding Nemo Musical
The Parades... Pixar at DHS and the one @MK(? not sure how new that one is)
China was refurbed
Canada circle vision (I don't know, was this done in 06??)
Lights Motors Action Stunt Show
Playhouse Disney show redone

kristnjohn
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
There have a been a ton of improvements and changes to WDW since 2006, here are a few things that will be new to you that I personally would recommend you not miss!

-Pixie Hollow in the Judges Tent, definitely worth it. Nothing changed in the Judges Tent, however the Pixie room is certainly new and the fairies (at least when we were there) were awesome with our entire party! (An easy way to get back here first thing in the morning is to hop the first train, pick it up at the park entrance, it drops you off right in Toon Town.)

-Finding Nemo Musical - don't miss in AK, very good play, Broadway style and quality puppeteering and music.

-Expedition Everest in AK, if you like Roller Coasters, this is there best one in all the Parks.

-Toy Story Mania, extremely cool and interactive ride, you'll have to wait in line, but worth it. Try for the fast pass very early in the morning.

-The Block Party Bash at DHS is very fun, lots of action all around you to look at.

-Spaceship Earth (now minus the wand!) is also well done, much improved in our minds.

asrai555
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Ooooo thank you! But now I have more questions ;)

What is DHS?

What ages or height restrictions apply to Toy Story?

What/where is the high school musical stuff? DD loves HSM

asrai555
12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I thought of something else, how long in advance are they taking ADR's now.

We won't be doing the Cindy b-fast this time so that takes some stress off. But we will be doing some character meals and such and want to make sure we get those ressies in.

Beast_fanatic
12-19-2008, 10:43 AM
As far as Donald's Safari breakfast, we went last week, and really enjoyed it. My hubby has ranked it high among character breakfasts, and liked it about as much as Boma for breakfast which is his favorite breakfast.

DHS is Disney Hollywood Studios, formerly Disney-MGM Studios.

High School Musical stuff is at the hat. I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it.

As far as ADRs, they are currently only taking ADRs up to March 22nd (except for Cindy's, Chef Mickey's and Victoria & Albert's). They are supposed to be opening it up to the 180 day point as of 12/22, but that date may or may not be accurate.

dixiepixie
12-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Haunted Mansion had a really nice rehab, lots of changes to the attic room and many more details.

Also, Fantasmic is not showing every night anymore, so make sure you plan accordingly.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-20-2008, 02:11 AM
(An easy way to get back here first thing in the morning is to hop the first train, pick it up at the park entrance, it drops you off right in Toon Town.)

Actually, for that very reason, they stopped doing this. The train no longer stops at Toontown before it's open and the pathway from Space Mountain to Toontown is closed until it opens as well.

asrai555
12-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Aw man! I used to love riding the train to Toontown in the morning. I have a *very* special memory of my dd at 18 months with Mickey coming right up to her at the ropes.

So what is the best way to enter Toontown now early? Just through Fantasyland?

kristnjohn
12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Captain Jessica, I didn't know and am glad you corrected me! Guess you'll have to make a run for it now!

High School Musical show is pretty good, takes place right in front of the hat and the times are listed on the times guide when you enter the Park.
Our kids, 8 and 5, enjoyed the Block Party Bash a little more however. Seemed to be more going on with a bit more variety. I'd definitely make sure to see both of them however!

I'm not positive on the height restrictions for Toy Story Mania, but I know we had a 2 year old in our group, and he was able to go on with his parents with no questions asked, and it was perfectly safe for him.