PDA

View Full Version : Getting a room WHILE you're at Disney World?

Buttercup
12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
When we were kids, we would go to the Magic Kingdom for the day and if we ended up staying late, my parents would just book a room at a Disney hotel for that night.
Now, that was about 30 years ago :blush: but I'm wondering if it's possibly to do that nowadays.

We are going to Florida for a couple of weeks in March and staying at my mother's new place near Tampa. I'm sure a few of the days we'll trek over to Orlando and go to Disney World. How could we not?!?! :D

I'm just wondering if we decide to book a room at the last minute, would we just call Central Reservations from the park?
Also, I have a discount code for 40% off standard rooms at Value Resorts if I book before March 31st. Do you think they would honor that on the spot as opposed to booking in advance? (assuming they have rooms left)

eeyoremom
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Two years ago we arrived in Florida a day earlier than what we expected. We drove into Pop, and went to the check in counter-off season, not busy at all. We were told they could book us a room but only at full price. The cm then handed the phone to me, even dialed central reservations. They said there was a code attached to our name. We actually had a cheaper nite than any of our other nites that week. The cm was great, she said they are only allowed to give rack rate, but you're free to use our phone and see what else might be available. She was actually training a new person, and we had a great time just getting our reservation cheap that nite. It certainly can still be done, if there are rooms available.

Mickey 101
12-19-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure about getting a discounted rate that must be booked by a certain date, but there's a good possibility you can get a room somewhere on property. We were able to get a same day reservation during the week between Christmas and New Year's recently at a resort that we really wanted. It definitely took persistence, but we were so excited when it worked out. However, with a couple weeks notice, last trip we couldn't get anything except All Star Sports despite repeated attempts. I guess it depends on so many different factors. Have fun planning!

pink
12-21-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't see why not unless you're going during a very busy season. :mickey:

Buttercup
12-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Just to add: the 40% discount only needs to be booked by March 31st... which we would be there beforehand! :)