PDA

View Full Version : Question for Airtran Frequenters....

mulderxcoltrane
12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I know some airlines will give you a refund (in company credit) if you book a flight and the price drops before you depart. I'm guessing not, but does airtran do anything similar?

ThanxForNoticin
12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Actually, very few airlines give you the full-price credit (I'm not sure anyone but Southwest does, but I could be wrong). I think Airtran usually charges $75 per change or cancellation - so it would have to be a pretty good price decrease to make the change worthwhile for you. The good news is that Airtran usually is pretty competitive with their prices to begin with.

mulderxcoltrane
12-18-2008, 07:19 PM
That's what I was afraid of. The one-way I'm watching went up $20 overnight - and I don't know if I should hold out for a sale since the flight isn't until mid-march.

disneymom07
12-18-2008, 08:59 PM
I actually did this a couple months ago. The price for the flight went down $25, and I wasn't sure how to do it online, so I called and the changed it for me and gave me credit. After they sent me the confirmation email I double checked it to make sure everything was right and I noticed that the seats I had paid $6 a piece to reserve weren't listed anymore. Plus they had charged me a $15 service fee since I did this over the phone. So I called back and they told me I had to reserve my seats again and pay the $6 again. So in the end I didn't end up saving much at all, had a lot of hassle, and I'm just glad I noticed the deal about the seats.
Next time I'll fly Southwest.

tink179
12-18-2008, 11:28 PM
It depends how much you'll be saving. My DH called last month, because I noticed our airfare from AirTran had dropped by a total of almost $300. We called and got an airline credit for a future flight. We also got charged the $15 for each ticket (total of 5), and we lost our seats. We got back that $6 fee, but we had to rebook them and pay the $6 fee again. All in all after the $15 charges and rebooking the seats we still ended up with a $215 credit. It was still worth it for us. It's like one free RT ticket somewhere for our family. You'll have to decide if it's worth it for you or not. I hope this helps. :mickey:

mrmcgiv
12-22-2008, 11:14 PM
sign up for net escapes on airtran.com, they will send you a code to save $25 per ticket. I signed up 8 times and got 8 different codes. You will need a new email acct for each time but you can use a hotmail acct you create. You will need to book all legs seperately, but we used 8 codes for our trip last week and save $200. 4 of us flew Pittsburgh to Orlando and back direct - for $520. Hurry, the offer may be expring soon. I think this one may last until 1/12.