PDA

View Full Version : Dec.6th - 13th dinning review-Part 1

buzz638
12-18-2008, 11:26 AM
We were in Disneyworld from Dec. 6th to Dec.13th and used the Dinning plan for the first time, and yes we all really loved it. No mistake all week, snacks, counter or sit down restaurant, the process was easy and simple. Everybody was a great help when needed. My in-laws do not speak much English, but with the help of some very nice and knowledgeable cast members, they did not have any trouble at all.

So here we go with: me DH, would eat almost anything
DW and DD, willing to try a lot of things,
MIL and FIL very picky eater.

Crystal Palace: approximately 15 minutes wait to be seated, nice décor and athmosphere; food was good, nothing extraordinary but good. Our server was nice and took our drink order quickly. Winnie and friends were patient and friendly. Had to wait for Winnie long minutes after we finished our meal.

Hollywood & vine, Fantasmic dinner package: Few minutes wait for seating, we arrived 5 minutes past our reservation time, but that was not a problem at all. Service was ok and again food was good, but nothing special. Looked a lot like Crystal palace imho.
Arrive about 45 minutes before Showtime for Fantasmic, to find the special section for packages almost empty.

Chefs de France: For me, the best meal of the week! 5 minutes to be seated by Christophe, the maitre D, very nice and funny. We are French Canadian from Québec, so he made funny remarks on our “ accent “ and I told him he was the one with the “ accent “ and he acted as if he did not understood us. Funny.
I had the “bisque de homard” for appetizer, DE-LI-CIOUS, MIL had “soupe à l’oignon”
Onion soup, very good also, DD had the cheese plate, with 3 different sort of cheese, she loved it, and the plate was big enough to share with at least 2 persons. Then DD had the duck, I had the grilled tenderloin WOW, FIL had the top sirloin and DW and MIL had shrimps. Everything was tasty, delicious and well presented. Server was extremely nice and explained the menu very well. Desserts were all wonderful too. Definitely will go back.

Cinderella’s royal table for lunch: Good meal, good service, and nice interaction with the princesses, felt a few of them really rushed to go from table to table. But on the other hand, Aurora and Jasmine were very nice and spend long minutes to talk with us.
Food was very good. Good little appetizer plate they brought us at the beginning of the meal, some sort of salami, artichoke salad. I had the Major Domo’s pie, which was very good, some had pasta and DW had the salmon. Everything was tasty and good. Dessert was excellent also. The ambiance, the settings, the décor is wonderful. Just saying that your are eating “in” the castle is great.

I think it’s going to be too long so will continue on part 2.

Buzz

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Sounds good so far

SBETigg
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Nice to hear some good reviews. I've been hearing a lot of great reviews for Chefs de France lately. Thanks for sharing.

artyboy
12-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

I have always liked Chefs de France...although I LOVE Bistro!!!

pdrlkr
12-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :smickey: