PDA

View Full Version : Some Final Advice

Airblue1
12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Just searching from some final advice from those who have positive survival stories from the World during the Christmas holiday season. Again I thank you in advance and wish everyone a safe and wonderful holiday season!!!!!!

:train:

:tigger:

Goes4FastPass
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
If you want to visit attractions GO EARLY.

Check with your Resort Concierge. Parks will be letting guests into central 'hubs' 30 monites prior to printed park opening.

I know the temptation to sleep in "It's vacation!" is great but you'd be surprised how many attractions you can 'knock out' during the first hour.

IF you go early be FastPass smart. For example don't stand in a line to get a FastPass for a headliner that currently has a 15-20 minute wait.

When the crowds finish their sleep and lousy eggs the key will be to relax and enjoy everything.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Also, choose a park other than Magic Kingdom for Christmas day...eat early or late to avoid dining rushes...visit popular attractions early and/or snag Fastpasses early

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
My main bit of advice would be "BE PATIENT"

Go into it knowing that things will be crowded and hectic.

Decide which attractions are MUST do's and which one aren't unless there is no line.

Be flexible enough to go with the flow and make the best of any situation that might pop up.

That's how we've "survived" our 3 trips between Christmas & New Year's.:party:

artyboy
12-18-2008, 04:15 PM
It is also important to remember why you're there...to have a good time.

We've been to WDW twice during Christmas season...yes, it's more crowded...but we always have a blast, and the extra little surprises they do at that time of year make everything better.

Take the time to listen to the Storytellers and see the live entertainment. Really, you could spend a day just gawking at the Christmas decorations and still feel that you've gotten your monies worth. It's less about the rides.

I'll be arriving in 5 days on the 24th!

...I'll be the excited 40 something introducing my 4 year old niece to Mickey...you won't be able to miss me:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Get to your park early. Decide what your must see attractions are. Get a fast pass for the first one then get in line for the 2nd one before the lines get crazy. If you still have time before your fast pass window closes, do a 3rd attraction then go use your fast pass. It's good for an hour, you don't need to use it the first minute it starts. Use the single rider line also. This works well for Test Track and Expidition Everest. Avoid parks that have EMH in the morning unless you can get there early enough to take advantage of that service.

We ate breakfast in our room a few times this trip and it allowed us to get an earlier start. Breakfast seems to eat up so much time in the morning. Eat in the room or on the go and then have an early lunch.

andreallybadeggs
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Good advice here-- each day we ask everyone in our group for one or two things that are on their must do list, plan to do those and everything else is gravy. Other than that, we take it real slow and just soak up whatever is going on around us. We also like to take a break in the day to resort hop and enjoy the decorations and music. Absolutely agree that if you are even close to being a morning person get out of that bed and to the park. Some of my extended family came around to my way of thinking when they realized my sweet nephew had hardly been on any of the rides because his family wanted to sleep in every day. They would arrive just before lunch, eat something, and then stand in line all afternoon for one or two attractions. Finally on the last day his grandparents took him, left the others behind, arrived at MK just before opening, He rode more in two hours than he'd ridden the four previous days and went home with a smile.

LoriMistress
12-22-2008, 04:47 AM
1. Make sure you have ADRs or you're screwed.

2. Go early.

3. Use FP to your advantage.

4. Take breaks during late morning/early afternoon.

5. Enjoy your vacation!!!