PDA

View Full Version : help me find a place - please!

briguy
12-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Iam running the 1/2 marathon and my wife and I have ressies at OKW (we are DVC members). We have friends who want to join us (family of 4), but everything on property is booked (value, moderate, and all studios in DVC-i am on waiting list but don't have much hope). Budget is the key here, they wanted POP, or AS. Can anyone recommend a CLEAN, affordable, offsite property that is not too far away? Looking for Jan 7 arrival and Jan 12 checkout.

Thanks!

betteratmk
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
there is a Holiday Inn Sunspree on Route 535 about 1/4 mile from the Disney entrance. The hotel is on the right and the entrance is on the left. There are alot of resteraunts and a grocery store all around. It is located right outside of DTD. The rooms are large, the pool area is very nice and it has amini kitchen. (micro and fridge) We haven't stayed in about three years but it was very convenient.

welovemickeymouse
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
The DoubleTree Guest Suites on Hotel Plaza Boulevard near Downtown Disney is wonderful. We just got back and enjoyed our stay there. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel staff and service were exceptional. There is shuttle service to the theme parks every 30 minutes and the location can't be beat. It cost us $89/night. And they offered us a return visit for 4 nights @ $99 ( that's $33/night) to use within the next year.

ThanxForNoticin
12-18-2008, 07:26 PM
I think you are right - at this point, the waitlist could be a long shot. Once you get to less than 30 days, your chances go down a bit. I don't know your points situation, but have you checked on the availability of a 2BR villa? There might not be any left, but it could be an option to get a bigger room and offer your friends the extra bedroom. If not, both recommendations by posters above are nice. You might also check with the Intercot sponsor hotels - the Radisson might fit your needs. Good luck with your run.

teambricker04
12-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Good luck finding a room!!! I am SHOCKED to hear they are booked, but I have heard this happens during the marathon. There are lots of hotels near DTD that are great.

Good luck with the 1/2! My DH is running the Full... he is currently running on the treadmill right now. He has his longest run this weekend... 20 miles and it is only going to be 17 degrees as a high here!!! YUCK!

illini
12-19-2008, 09:51 AM
There is a Holiday Inn Express on Palm Parkway right next to DTD. We stayed there one night last year before check-in as we couldn't add another night. It was about $75/night through Hotels.com. I think it was either DuckRocks or #1DonaldFan (someone ducky) who recommended it. Really great place. Big room, wonderful breakfast, great location. If I ever had to stay off property, I'd go here in a heartbeat.

Patricia
12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Try www.downtowndisneyhotels.com (http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com)

It looks like Regal Sun is most affordable on those dates and has availability. It's pretty much accross the Sreet from Downtown Disney.