PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Trip Dining Reviews

awaggett
12-17-2008, 03:53 PM
We were in the World for four short, amazing days--12/11 through 12/14.

This was my first time with children (not mine--friend's) and first time on the dining plan. I thought the value was great--almost too much food--I always seemed to have apple slices or brownies left over in my purse!

Boma--Dinner--great as usual. Unfortunately no short ribs but the prime rib was amazing. Soups, as always are my favorites here. Everyone had a great meal, the kids literally asked the waiter for the mac and cheese recipe (they are only 5, but this was the "best" mac and cheese ever according to them!).

Kona--Breakfast--Tonga toast--what else can I say? Pressed pot Kona coffee was great too--definitely perked us up for a full day in the park.

Chef Mickey's--Breakfast--food was surprisingly good and different--I loved the breakfast pizzas. Smoked salmon and cream cheese was great too. Kids had a great time with the characters--most came by twice. The little boy we were with (5) grabbed Minnie from behind as she was walking away--it was hilarious!

Victoria and Alberts--Dinner--WOW. Beyond words--best meal ever. I am allergic to shell fish, so they did a great job at revising the menu especially for me. Six-course meal--tuna to start, then duck, pork, upgraded to Kobe for main (friends upgraded to Wagyu--no need to chew--melted in your mouth), cheese course, and the Kona lava cake for dessert. We did the wine paings as well--all were amazing. So glad we finally made it here, I will definitely go back.

California Grill--Dinner--always one of my favorites. Had the butternut squash soup--good but I couldn't finish it. Had the pork with goat cheese polenta--also very good--but the portion was huge. It was done to perfection. Others had the filet (both loved it), scallops (good, but portion was on the small-side, only 3 scallops), and Sushi platter (awesome!). Timing was perfect--we ordered our desserts, then watched the fireworks. I had the creme brule, but the molten lava cake was by far the favorite of the group.

For CS we ate at: Pecos Bill's, Sunshine Seasons (Epcot), Pinnochio's Village Haus, and Casey's. Casey's was definitely my favorite. At most places I was able to substitute apple slices for dessert--this was great for a snack in the afternoon.

Not to miss: warm spiced wine in Germany. I think this is only done during the Holidays--it was AMAZING!

Used snacks for soft pretzels in Germany, Kona Latte at Poly (I was able to use it 2 different times, but the folks I was with were told they could only get coffee), candy on Main Street.

Awesome food for an awesome trip!

WeLuvBuzz
12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Glad to hear you had great meals. I prefer Pecos Bills over Caseys, but not by much. I thought they replaced prime rib at buffets with strip steak recently. Obviously not at Bomas. Maybe that was just bad info (which I hope it is).

Faver
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
You did have a good time:thumbsup:
Great reviews.... thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Yummy! All of your meals sound go good...they are making me hungry!

Casey's is our favourite too :thumbsup:

Tbelle1976
12-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, with some great food!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Sounds great:)

pdrlkr
12-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :smickey:

Ropachs
12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Yup, you've made me hungry!

dolphinmickey9170
12-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Sounds like some delicious food!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey: