PDA

View Full Version : Some dining reviews.........

mrmcgiv
12-17-2008, 11:27 AM
We went last week 12/7 - 12/15

WCC - The WL was beautifully decorated, that was my favorite of the holiday decor. The food was good, we all got the skillet. The interaction was very disappointing..I had read reviews and expected it to be fun for the kids. Some servers were having a ball with their tables. All our waitress could muster was throwing the straws at us..which seemed very odd b/c there was no further joking or interaction. Unfortunately we did not need Ketchup with the skillet. The Pony ride around the restaurant was not too exciting either. Maybe if you added in a little of interaction/fun with the server the place would not have seemed like a bust. For the food I may go back, for the fun - NO.

Le Cellier - Another BUST. OUr server was abrupt and neede to get a job as a Drill Sarge. Dh and I both ordered the NY Strip...they were not that great. MY FOOD WAS COLD!!!!! I sent it back, and it came back semi-warm and the steak was a little more done that I wanted. Kids got steak and it was very rare, they would not touch it..however, their mini fillet was better than my NY Strip. Dessert was good. I would not go back. Soe of theother servers seemd very nice, striking up a conversation with their tables. Also telling them about the menu..expanding a bit.

Wed - we were supposed to go to Boma - but my son did not feel well, we missed that and filled in Breakfast at tHe Maya Grill on our Last day at CSR - It got one star in the review book an dthat was generous. What a waster of a table service. IT WAS HORRIBLE>

Crystal Palace - Pretty good, loud and crowded though. Good character interaction and good dinner buffet. Their Flan , I think it was coconut, was the best dessert in Disney. Good svc as well

1900 Park fare - Another good one. VERY good Dinner Buffet. Good Character interaction. Evil StepMother was funny! Step sisters were very funny too. Prince Charming and Cinderella were sweet with the kids. Our server was very good. I would go there again.

Chef Mickey's for breakfast - food was pretty good if you like breakfast food(I prfer dinner, but the breakfast is what fit into our schedule), our service was fair at best. The character interaction was so-so. We were at the tail end of breakfast and were seated right as you walk in..in the area open the hotel lobby. I would probably not go back to Chef Mickey's. I added this last minute by calling Chef Mickey's direct. I think it was Tom was vert accomodating
..and got us in lke that. I woudl suggest calling direct of you are in disney and need a last minute reservation. However getting the # from the hotel and dinner reservation line is like getting top secret info. One nice CM on the reservation line gave me the numers with no problem an dthat is how I got ahold of Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef for dinner - Good food. Dh got the steak that was way better than Le cellier. I got Mahi Mahi - again my food was cold. I told our server, Etteinne, and he brought me a new pipng hot plate within 90 seconds...HANDLED way better than Lauren K at Le cellier Handled it. It was good. Dessert was good. We were at the bottom row by the Fish, that was cool. The acoustics in this place were not so good..it was very loud..but that was nobody's fault. I think I owuld go back here. I can't see this being a good place for a romantic dinner as some say...too loud and tables too close. Vicki, the manager was so accomodating. Our reservation was for 4:10 and we ended up with late b-fast at chef mickey's that day. I stopped in at 2:00 to ask to push the ressie ahead and she held the reservation until 8:30-9! GREAT SVC!

O'hana for dinner - By Far our favorite! We had a ****** table over bythe dessert bar/entrance and near the lobby. But by theh last night we did not care. If we were in bvetter spirits we would have enjoyed the atmosphere more, but the food was outstanding. There were no scallopped potatoes like some have mentioned, but there was lo main like noodles. Maybe the forgotthe potatoes or thet no longer serve them. Not a good place for picky kids though..my kids did eat something. I would go here EVERY trip! The coconut races were not too exciting for kids, but we were all tired! VERY TIRED! The dessert was yummy!

Pepper Market at CSR was good for table svc too - it was not confusing for us at all. I give it 2 thumbs up!

Columbia Harbor house in MK was good as well for QS.

in HS the Backlot was good for QS

Flame Tree BBQ again was greata nd nice seating, I would alwasy go here as well for QS.

The dinnig plan was way too much food, but in the end it still pays to do it amd we will probably do it next time.

After all the planning and prep for the dinig this trip though I would say it was somewhat disappointing..oh well.

ElenitaB
12-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry you were disappointed. At so many TS restaurants, your server can really make or break the experience. However, there are just some restaurants where the experience is not what you're looking for (for, CM falls into that category).

I do agree about the plentiful food on the DP... by the end of each trip we're no longer overly excited about going to eat. ;)

SBETigg
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the reviews. It's always interesting to read about different experiences. I agree with Coral Reef not being abundantly romantic, too loud. And 'Ohana is a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I agree with the Maya Grill breakfast:ack: we ate there last time and agree it is a total waste of a TS credit

tink70420
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
We were there last week (12/7-12/13). Whispering Canyon Cafe was by far our favorite restaurant. Our waiter was soooooo much fun. He had us laughing so hard we could hardly eat!! And the food was wonderful. Our DDs had a great time doing the pony races. So sorry your experience was not as great as ours:(

KatMark
12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
We went last week 12/7 - 12/15

WCC - The WL was beautifully decorated, that was my favorite of the holiday decor. The food was good, we all got the skillet. The interaction was very disappointing..I had read reviews and expected it to be fun for the kids. Some servers were having a ball with their tables. All our waitress could muster was throwing the straws at us..which seemed very odd b/c there was no further joking or interaction. Unfortunately we did not need Ketchup with the skillet. The Pony ride around the restaurant was not too exciting either. Maybe if you added in a little of interaction/fun with the server the place would not have seemed like a bust. For the food I may go back, for the fun - NO.

Le Cellier - Another BUST. OUr server was abrupt and neede to get a job as a Drill Sarge. Dh and I both ordered the NY Strip...they were not that great. MY FOOD WAS COLD!!!!! I sent it back, and it came back semi-warm and the steak was a little more done that I wanted. Kids got steak and it was very rare, they would not touch it..however, their mini fillet was better than my NY Strip. Dessert was good. I would not go back. Soe of theother servers seemd very nice, striking up a conversation with their tables. Also telling them about the menu..expanding a bit.

Wed - we were supposed to go to Boma - but my son did not feel well, we missed that and filled in Breakfast at tHe Maya Grill on our Last day at CSR - It got one star in the review book an dthat was generous. What a waster of a table service. IT WAS HORRIBLE>

Crystal Palace - Pretty good, loud and crowded though. Good character interaction and good dinner buffet. Their Flan , I think it was coconut, was the best dessert in Disney. Good svc as well

1900 Park fare - Another good one. VERY good Dinner Buffet. Good Character interaction. Evil StepMother was funny! Step sisters were very funny too. Prince Charming and Cinderella were sweet with the kids. Our server was very good. I would go there again.

Chef Mickey's for breakfast - food was pretty good if you like breakfast food(I prfer dinner, but the breakfast is what fit into our schedule), our service was fair at best. The character interaction was so-so. We were at the tail end of breakfast and were seated right as you walk in..in the area open the hotel lobby. I would probably not go back to Chef Mickey's. I added this last minute by calling Chef Mickey's direct. I think it was Tom was vert accomodating
..and got us in lke that. I woudl suggest calling direct of you are in disney and need a last minute reservation. However getting the # from the hotel and dinner reservation line is like getting top secret info. One nice CM on the reservation line gave me the numers with no problem an dthat is how I got ahold of Chef Mickey's
Coral Reef for dinner - Good food. Dh got the steak that was way better than Le cellier. I got Mahi Mahi - again my food was cold. I told our server, Etteinne, and he brought me a new pipng hot plate within 90 seconds...HANDLED way better than Lauren K at Le cellier Handled it. It was good. Dessert was good. We were at the bottom row by the Fish, that was cool. The acoustics in this place were not so good..it was very loud..but that was nobody's fault. I think I owuld go back here. I can't see this being a good place for a romantic dinner as some say...too loud and tables too close. Vicki, the manager was so accomodating. Our reservation was for 4:10 and we ended up with late b-fast at chef mickey's that day. I stopped in at 2:00 to ask to push the ressie ahead and she held the reservation until 8:30-9! GREAT SVC!

O'hana for dinner - By Far our favorite! We had a ****** table over bythe dessert bar/entrance and near the lobby. But by theh last night we did not care. If we were in bvetter spirits we would have enjoyed the atmosphere more, but the food was outstanding. There were no scallopped potatoes like some have mentioned, but there was lo main like noodles. Maybe the forgotthe potatoes or thet no longer serve them. Not a good place for picky kids though..my kids did eat something. I would go here EVERY trip! The coconut races were not too exciting for kids, but we were all tired! VERY TIRED! The dessert was yummy!

Pepper Market at CSR was good for table svc too - it was not confusing for us at all. I give it 2 thumbs up!

Columbia Harbor house in MK was good as well for QS.

in HS the Backlot was good for QS

Flame Tree BBQ again was greata nd nice seating, I would alwasy go here as well for QS.

The dinnig plan was way too much food, but in the end it still pays to do it amd we will probably do it next time.

After all the planning and prep for the dinig this trip though I would say it was somewhat disappointing..oh well.

Thanks for your reviews. Sorry your dining experiences were lacking. It just goes to show how different peoples tastes are and how a restaurant can have a good day or a bad day. Out of the places you listed and liked we detested the food at WCC--in fact, DH got sick eating the ribs/chicken from the skillet (and I agree with you--interaction LACKING); we've had nothing but outstanding food and service at LeCellier and love Crystal Practice; we've only done Maya Grill once for all the times we've stayed at CSR (seven) and it was an okay buffet--not terrible, but nothing special.

dolphinmickey9170
12-19-2008, 09:57 AM
It sure sounds like you had some rough meals. I'm sorry to read about all the problems. I sure hope things get better the next time you go. We really love LeCellier, it is a MUST DO every trip!!