View Full Version : Pop, VWL, Christmas Fun day 4

offwego
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Plans are for a DTD and then Epcot day
Thursday Dec 11
Cast Dh 40 something planner of meals and park days
DS 13 thrill seeker and eater of much food
Me-Offwego-shoe shopper, and disney fan

Well this was to be our worst weather day (while we had colder days we were in for a great deal of rain, I half expected to see Piglet come by on an umbrella)

We ate some stuff in our room and headed off for DTD with no trouble. We hit Basin, WOD, and Legoland as well as wandering through a few others. At this point it started to rain a little, just a drizzle so we continued towards pleasure island to get to the other stores on West side.
Half way there it began to pour..we would stop under a overhang, wait for a milder moment and run from overhang to overhang until we began to hit some stores again. We did spend a fair amount of time in the Virgin Mega store as we all enjoy that. I love all the listening stations there and the rain was still really coming down. As we have always liked the Wolfgang Puck express at Marketplace we decided to try this one as well.
A few notes on this, the seating is mostly outdoors (and with the rain and colder temps we found we needed to move inside to the few bar seats as there were no heaters such as the ones at Marketplace). The menu is shorter (DS's beloved quesedilla's are not here) and while the service still brings the food to the table we didn't feel very welcomed at all.
We ordered the chinois salad (which I had seen with other vegetables aside from slaw at the other location but it was still pretty good), the roast beef pocket again (DH had it this time) and DS ordered the BBQ pizza. We are 90% sure that they made him the quatra formaggio then stuck the bbq sauce and chicken on top as we could hear them go..oh oh that's not the right one..we will just fix it and he won't know. While it was cheesey clearly, this also resulted until perhpas the last slice in the majority of his bbq sauce and chicken sliding off..also they were just in the middle and it seemed a bit skimpy. But it does allow us to use our tables of wonderland magic card (albeit at 10%) so it's still a pretty good value.

It was still pouring after our lunch, so we choose to go see a movie (perhaps influnced by the view of the AMC theatre?). The new Bond flick was calling to the guys so we saw that. At the end of it the rain was over and we headed back to Pop.
We were however still pretty damp and chilled and sent the DS to the arcade for a bit while we rested a short while. We wandered down to see him after changing etc and low and behold the unoffical dream wish of 13 year old boys had come true. The machines one loads ones money on for the games were all offline so the games were free...I'm not sure he would have been happier with a castle stay then an afternoon of free arcade. I even played a game of pinball!

So we needless to say where there some time..afterall how often does one find free and disney and arcade together?
We choose to have dinner at Pop, which was very good. I had the Salmon (a very large serving of salmon, green beans, potatoes and cornbread), DS had the asian noodles, and DH had the chicken parm. The discount was 20% here which was nice.

We then headed back up to the room to consider our options. We really were not feeling the jaunt to epcot at past 6:30 as DS had run back to the room and run back to the food court and had gotten out of breath (he has asthma and the location of the smoking area outstide the food court entrance at Pop was not helping much). We choose to stay in, watch some holiday specials and generally hang around.
After an hour or so, the guys headed back to the food court for a dessert and a coffee for me. We watched Illuminations from the walkway outside our room. (we were in the 50's at the back of the jukebox building and had a pretty decent view) Watched some more movies etc and had an early night.
We also packed up for our move the next morning, arranged for luggage tranfer and generally just took it easy. We had an 8:10 am pick up for our DVC tour.

(we had brought a little tree with us so we had to repack that as well..purple is a natural colour for trees isn't it?)

mouseketeer mom
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the report. Too bad about the pizza issue at Wolfgangs, and the rainy weather! Sounds like you guys made the best of it!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Sorry for the yucky weather and bad service...it sounds good otherwise

Bethis26fan
12-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a wet but fun day. An yes purple is a very natural color for a christmas tree. lol

DizNee143
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
wow what a wet day!! sounds like you all had a good time at DTD..and got to see a movie..and thats awesome about the arcade!! :mickey:

disneydrmr
12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey! we stayed in the juke box building also when we were there!!! We watched the fireworks several nights.. AND got to see the shuttle launch! Anyway.. sounds like a wet, but fun day! What luck for free games! And a purple christmas tree?

ElenitaB
12-18-2008, 12:09 AM
You really heard them say "uh oh" re: the pizza? :eek:

Did the purple tree have sequins and feathers? ;)

offwego
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
You really heard them say "uh oh" re: the pizza? :eek:

Did the purple tree have sequins and feathers? ;)

yes we heard them, no feathers but we did put little heart shaped sequins on it. How trite huh? I didn't think of feathers to be honest. Maybe I should go find some?

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry for the rainy weather! Sounds like you made the best of the day despite the weather!

dolphinmickey9170
12-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Purple christmas tree? I love it. I think that is a great idea. Walmart has the purple and the pink ones and I had a picture of Keara (DGD) hugging the pink tree at Walmart. I think I'll have to get that for next year for her.

Thanks for sharing. Off to read more. I love your reports!! WOOOHHOOOO:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Even with the rain, at day at Disney is a good one.:mickey: