PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my dining Plan!!!!

thesplashmountaineer
12-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Last time we tried California Grill,Mama Melrose's, Coral reef, Garden grill, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and San Angel Inn.
We definitely want to go back to California Grill and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
What are your suggestions for the 4 other nights???
thanks a lot!!!!

Kairi_7378
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
That's a tough question. Can you tell us a little more about your family/group? Are you travelling with friends, a spouse, or children? Are you looking for quiet and romantic, unusual ambiance, or characters? Do you not like certain kinds of food? This will help people make recommendations.

SBETigg
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Do you want to try any more Signature dining? If so, Flying Fish Cafe or Narcoossee's, perhaps?

If not, Grand Floridian Cafe is one of my favorites. You might consider another World Showcase restaurant or two, like Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, or Rose & Crown. I love Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, really different and fun. And if you haven't tried 'Ohana, I would definitely add that one.

thesplashmountaineer
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
We just want to have the best Disnney dining experience. We don't mind trying different food. 2 adults and 2 kids. We just want to have the best Disney has to offer!!!
We don't mind to go eat at another park. If we are at AK, we'll take the bus to Epcot if needed!!!

PopeCharming
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I'd recommend Kona Cafe at the Polynesian- great food in one of my favorite resorts.

Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge was the best buffet I have ever partaken of- even if you have picky eaters, they will find plenty to enjoy.

I also recommend Teppan Edo at Japan.

vicster
12-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Ditto on Boma! It's a must for us every trip. We also enjoy 'Ohana at the Poly.

mrmcgiv
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I would say add O'hana..I would do that on a night at epcot or MK b/c you can take the monorail. We were just there 2 nigts ago an dit was our Favorite. A lot of food..it was really goog.

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I usually stick with the ones I know from the past so there are a few that I will be doing for the first time myself this year. But the ones I would suggest through my personal experience would defnitely be LeCellier, California Grill, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, and now I cant think of anymore. Either way good luck, happy planning and have a great trip! :thumbsup::mickey:

thesplashmountaineer
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I just checked the menus for the Boma and O'hana... Wow....
I think we'll add those on our list. thanks a lot
Any comments on Chef Mickey? Just curious if it is a good experience for the kids.

pluto 77
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I would suggest either Narcoossees. I really enjoy that restaurant, and its very nice to watch the fireworks and the water parade from the porch. They can hold your diners for you and when it is over you can go and enjoy your meal. Chef Mickey's is also fun for kids, but I would recommend going for breakfast. I think the dinner buffet is just like any other.

Mackflava99
12-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Chef mickeys is cool- but a little crowded at times and hectic-
food is good, but we have been there 2 times and i must say its not as well organized as other buffets-

if you want something original and fun- try :

Whispering Canyon- my kids LOVE it and always want to return
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - very original
Coral Reef- tremendous atmosphere.

thumperbug
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
We love Le Cellier. We also enjoy San Angel, we tried Biergarten last trip and enjoyed it. Teppen Edo rocks...did that in Feb..doing again this Feb, thumbs up on Narcoosees...my last experience at California Grill wasnt so great...we really liked 50's prime time...(get the fried chicken)

We've only done chef Mickeys for breakfast..trying it for dinner on next trip. Going on first day there. Its also right by MK and our Hotel...so there is the convenience factor there as well.

mrmcgiv
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Went to Chef Mickey's 2 trips ago for dinner it was pretty good and fun. We were seated way back in the corner..but it was still OK. This trip (last week) we went for Breakfast...it waS SO-SO. The service was not very good, we were seated out in the open part as you walk in, the character interaction was not very good...we did get there at the end of the day though. If yuou like breakfast food it was a good buffet, but I prefer dinner.

I preferred 1900 Park fare , if you have little girls in your group. It was a bit loud, but the character interaction was pretty good. Cinderella, Prince charming, evil Step mother and 2 evil step sisters were there. Food for dinner was pretty good too. I also preferred Crystal Palace over Mickey's. The food was pretty good for dinner, thge Flan for dessert was great and the character interaction was good. Of these two though 1900 Park fare was my Favorite.