PDA

View Full Version : Savannah/ Tybee Island?

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Who can give me the inside scoop on Tybee Island??

We've never been and are considering going there this summer. I've been researching online, but still have some questions.

Can you suggest a beach-front property with a pool? There seem to be more houses than condos, and you don't always get a pool when you rent a beach house.

Are there any restaurants on the island, or do you have to go into Savannah for dining, shopping, etc?

We've always visited Alabama/W Florida Gulf Coast beaches where there is plenty of EVERYTHING nearby. Just want to make sure I know what I'm getting into!

THANKS!!

Chic-a-pin
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
My husband & I vacation down there every year. Sandy's by the Shore is a great place to look for condos to rent. They have all kinds of properties to choose from. Tybee Beach Vacation Rentals is another place you can check out. We've rented through them quite a few times. There are a lot of shopping places down on Tybrisa St. Down on Strand Ave are a couple of places to eat, Fannies and Spankys are 2 places that are pretty good. The Breakfast Club has YUMMY pecan waffles, but get there early, the line will go down the sidewalk the later you go :D The Tybee Island Marine and Science Center is pretty cool, the Tybee pier is fun to walk out on, lots of times we've seen dolphins right off the pier/shore! Have fun! Let me know if you have any other questions :D

joonyer
01-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Tybee Island. Like Gulf Shores, Alabama without the wall-to wall high rise condos and the sugar white sand, but otherwise just as much of a "redneck riviera". It's relatively close to us and we love going there. The sand and the water are not like the gulf beaches, but it's still a good vacation spot. Plenty of good places to do some fishing too, which we enjoy. Sorry, can't give you advice on lodging, since we always stay with friends in Savannah, but any trip to the beach beats staying at home.