PDA

View Full Version : Guest Recovery?

Goes4FastPass
12-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Have any of you ever been given a Guest Recovery slip?

My wife and I found ourselves the only people on the last bus of the night MK to ASMu after a MVMCP.

We struck up a conversation with the driver who asked how our trip was going and we told her everything was swell. We discussed what attractions we like at the parks and she offered her suggestions.

She then asked what park we were visiting next and how many were in our party and we told her AK - just the 2 of us.

When we got to our stop she took out a pad and said. "These are supposed to be for when something goes wrong but I like using them when everything is going well also."

The form said, "Guest Recovery" and was a FastPass (a 'priority entrance') to one attraction at the park checked.

The next day I handed our slip to the CM at KilSaf FP return and he nodded and motioned for us to enter. I told my wife, "I hope he doesn't think we fussed at someone!"

While I'm glad I had no reason to need "recovery" I think it's a good idea to have almost costless tools like this available guest-contact CMs.

mouseketeer mom
12-16-2008, 10:51 AM
We experienced guest recovery when we transferred from our stay at the Poly to the Beach Club for the second half of our trip. They did not put us in the room we had booked, siting an error and no availability to rectify it as our room type we booked was not available. We were very upset. We had a room sitting over valet and the busses. We had booked a different view, and paid for a different view. Guest recovery got involved and transferred us back to the Poly and upgraded us to Club level, and we didn't even ask for it. They picked us up in a car and moved our luggage for us. I thought it was a little embarrassing...I mean, we were very unhappy with our room at the Beach Club, but we didn't need to be "recovered"..there was no way it would stop us from coming back! However, their efforts were appreciated, and we enjoyed the second half of our trip back at the Poly.

AuntDJ
12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
We have experience with this as well.

We had just checked in, got our keys to the world and headed to the MK for the parade. Well, my nieces ticket wasn't coded with her park passes. So we had to trek over to the guest services....it was a mess and took about 30 minutes, well my niece was very antsy, I mean she was ready to get in the park! She could see it, hear it and smell it...but here we were at guest services while they had an argument with POFQ about who's fault it was and how to get everything on her card...at one point the CM thought she was going to have to send us back to the resort....urg!

Well, all worked out, and the guest services CM was WONDERFUL....and gave us 3 recovery passes. It was needed, and I didn't ask for it..but it was nice to have!

DJ

VWL Mom
12-16-2008, 11:27 AM
We got one at SM one time. The teens riding with us had done something to make the photo be pulled and they gave us a recovery pass in case we wanted to take another photo. They then put us in a log by ourselves.

Wayne
12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Never experienced the Guest Recovery thing, but actually got something better. After college I was working for another theme park and a group of us were at opening day of EPCOT Center and the next couple of days afterward. EPCOT was truly "bleeding edge" technology in the attractions and there were glitches aplenty. On a stop at the Guest Relations desk I waited patiently behind some folks who were complaining about everything. When it was my turn, I told the CM that I wanted to congratulate them on pulling off the opening and carrying on the show even with all of the problems. She thanked me for the compliment and gave me a one day comp admission ticket.

Tbelle1976
12-16-2008, 12:51 PM
That's great that they reward you for being so kind and honest about your wonderful Disney experience! Many are so eager to complain hoping to receive something from it. I would be more likely to remember an experience like yours than to have to complain to get something.:thumbsup:

DisneyDog
12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
About 13 years ago, we stayed at a moderate resort. They brought us to our room, and the people who were there before us hadn't left yet! We had walked right in on the family! It was very strange. I don't know how the staff didn't catch it. Anyway, they found us another room. We left, went to the park, and later when we came back, we found a giant fruit basket in our room. It was unneccesary, but very nice of them.

Aggie97
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, we were given a slip last year. We were trying to transfer some photos onto CD at the MK photo center (why we had to do this is a long story), and things went very wrong with the machine. It took 3-4 times longer than it should have. We had been chatting with a nice CM the entire time, and she felt just terrible about it. We didn't complain, but I'm sure she could tell we were extremely disappointed at spending the greater part of our evening doing this. Apparently she found a manager to tell what had happened. He came over to apologize, pulled out a little note pad and asked, "What would you like: some ice cream? a FP for any ride?" We requested a FP, thanked him, and told him what a good job the CM had been doing to help us. It was a nice customer service touch. :thumbsup:

wire0monkey
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM
My mother and brothers were staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and their air conditioner went out.

The air conditioner was repaired the same day. When they came back at the end of the day, there was a nice note and a ceramic Mickey statue as a gift.

illini
12-17-2008, 01:20 AM
We've gotten them twice. Once when we had a server entirely disappear on us for over 30 minutes and had to flag someone else down to get our check. Another time was DD's birthday at Chef Mickey's and Pluto skipped us 3 times (he wasn't starting his rotation where he left off)-- of course the ONE character she hadn't seen yet and just *had* to see. Our server felt bad, drug Pluto over and gave us one.
Didn't pitch a fit either time, but it was definitely a nice gesture. We laughed about being "recovered."