PDA

View Full Version : First DCL Trip -- Day 5 -- Castaway Cay, the sequel

Donald_Quackers
12-16-2008, 12:40 AM
December 10, 2008

I wake up to a beautiful sunrise and start preparing for the day. I then notice that the ship is turning, and we’re docking at Castaway cay! I hit up BBB for breakfast again, then I get ready for my first excursion, Castaway Ray’s Stingray Encounter. This was very fun, and I got to do some snorkeling. I got some great pictures with my camera and waterproof container. Then, it was back to the ship (forgot my goggles) for the watercraft adventure. The water was very choppy, but I managed to make it to the first sandbar they took us to, then it looked like we were going to go somewhere else, but a few people fell off, and I think that they decided to stop halfway through because of waters. It was very cool running along the ship and the flying Dutchman, but boy were my arms and legs tired. When I commented to one of the guides how wild it was, he said he was watching me and said that he’s seen worse, where people would go out toward the ship, then turn right around. I took that as an impressive compliment and looked at my legs/arms as a badge of honor.

After that, I head to serenity bay, grab a burger, cookie and drink for lunch, then grabbed some ice cream for dessert, and rested on a lounger for a nap before going to do some quick shopping at she sells… before going back to the ship.

Once I get back on the ship, I take my purchases back, and get my customs forms ready, and attend the customs presentation at 4pm, after which I go up top to watch us depart Castaway Cay, and to hear the horn again. I catch a little Finding Nemo on the Ariel View TV, then go to get ready to see Disney Dreams…which was totally fantastic and got a standing ovation (from most of the audience, anyway).

After dinner in Animators Palate (cool show, BTW), I was thinking about seeing the going away show in the atrium, but decided to go start packing, and it was good I did so, cause I only had 10 minutes left when I was done to get my luggage out (including making sure I had something out to wear tomorrow). I got the rest of the stuff packed and head to bed. Were debarking from Deck 3 tomorrow, so it sounds like they fixed the gangway.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the report

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
AWww already leaving! Off to read day 6 to see your next adventure! THanks for the reports! :thumbsup: I leave in 20 days as of 6 minutes ago on the dot...and I am so excited I am holding myself over by reading trip reports!!! lol!!!

DizNee143
12-16-2008, 11:25 AM
a great day at castaway cay..finally lol..off to read more!! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 09:01 AM
You choose the same excursions as us! We loved the Stingray adventure, I loved feeding and petting them, and the guide was holding a pregnant stingray, and I got to feel her belly and I loved that. That excursion was a highlight of our trip. Glad you had fun too!

faline
12-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Glad to hear you got your day in Castaway Cay! And it sounds like it was a wonderful day, at that!

pdrlkr
12-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: