PDA

View Full Version : First DCL Trip -- Intro and Day 1

Donald_Quackers
12-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Mousefest ‘08
Solo DCL and WDW trip
Donald_Quackers
About Me

A 35 year old Disney fan (though not as big as my sister), living near Chicago, and working as a Help Desk Analyst. I need this trip to relieve my stress.

Departed: 12/06/08
4 Night Cruise: 12/07/08 – 12/11/08
Cat 6 Stateroom

Pre-trip report

This trip began planning in April; when I finally decided enough was enough and I needed to go on my first cruise. I had always decided that my first cruise was going to be a Disney cruise. I made my booking through Debbie of Magical Journeys, and then my flight and hotel arrangements through Expedia and Hyatt, respectively.

Bought a passporter (paperback), used that to prepare this after booking, and then decided to get a deluxe version and gave the other to my sister. My plans are as follows:

• Fly out of Midway 12/6 to MCO, pick up luggage and check into the Hyatt
• Take DCL transfers to the Port from the Hyatt
• Enjoy the cruise
• Take DCL transfers to Pop Century from Port
• Enjoy MVMCP and other Mousefest events

I’ve already got my carry on prepared, and most of my bag packed, with exception of some of the last minute necessities.

Donald_Quackers
12-16-2008, 12:35 AM
December 6, 2008

Well, it’s time to head out for Mousefest! I get my luggage in the car, and my DM and friend come with to say goodbye. At least the driving isn’t too bad, considering it snowed this morning.

I decide to upgrade to business class as I’m checking my luggage in at the airport, and proceeding through security has no problems.

One uneventful flight later and I’m touching down in Orlando on time. Check in at the Hyatt was done (the woman was having trouble with my last name, but most people do) and got my instructions on what to do with my bags tomorrow morning. The room is nice, I picked a King bed room (just me), had a shower, and ate dinner at the McD’s in the food court downstairs. Also checked out the pool area. All-in-all, a very nice hotel! Found out that I left my sunglasses at home, but I’m ok with that, as they were pretty expensive. I just get a cheap pair somewhere and call it even.

Time to rest for the big day tomorrow in getting to Port Canaveral!

DizNee143
12-16-2008, 09:01 AM
sounds like a good travel day..glad you made it to orlando ok!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a good start

TinkerbellT421
12-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Sounds like a great start! :mickey:

faline
12-16-2008, 02:35 PM
At least you were easily able to replace what you had forgotten to pack! The room sounds quite nice!

mouseketeer mom
12-19-2008, 08:51 AM
A smooth arrival day!:mickey: