PDA

View Full Version : My January Itinerary - Opinions?

dixiepixie
12-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I am at the one month mark today and all I can think about is WDW! I have driven everyone crazy talking about the trip and have of course planned every detail months ago so have nothing to do but wait. I thought I would share my itinerary with those who understand my need to talk about it and maybe get some opinions! :mickey:

It will be:
Me (28)
DH (29)
Our friends (both 38) and their two kids (6 and 11)

Day 1 - Check into our Wilderness Lodge 2BR Villa. Head to HS and focus on seeing the stuff geared for younger kids. (DH won't be meeting us until day 3 b/c of work conference so we will do as much kiddy stuff before he gets there.) Eat dinner at Sci-Fi and of course get milkshakes! :party:

Day 2 - Take the boat to MK and eat breakfast at the Main Street Bakery and soak up the fact that we are finally here. Hopefully meet Tinker Bell and do all of Fantasyland. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (a first). Ride whatever we feel like and see Spectro and Wishes.

Day 3 - Have b'fast at Roaring Fork, then head to the Contemporary so we can ride the monorail to Epcot...my favorite way to get there (up front of course)! Do everything in the Land and Seas Pavillions, and SSE. Meet DH for a quick lunch in Mexico and head to MS and TT. Explore the World Showcase hoping to see the Japanese Candy artist and the American Adventure (never done that before either). :blush: Eat dinner at Le Cellier, then head to Rose and Crown for dessert including a b'day cake for the youngest (turning 6 on this trip) and of course a wonderful view of Illuminations.

Day 4 - Sea World. It kills me to go off property, but everyone else voted for one day here. We will come back after and go the the Boardwalk and get pizza from the Spoodles window and relax outside watching the performers.

Day 5 - Breakfast at Boma and off to AK for the day. We hope to do everything here with the exception of a few shows we have already seen multiple times. Then back to the WL for dinner at Artist Point (another first) and time playing at the lodge.

Day 6 - Head to MK for the day and have a relaxing day seeing anything we want to. Eat dinner at Casey's and head back to the WL for our Wishes Cruise!!! :party2: This is also a first and I am so excited for it!

Day 7 - If we missed anything at AK we will head back there to see it. If not, we will head to HS and get FP for TSM. Another hopefully relaxing day here, riding ToT and RnRc as many times as possible! We will eat dinner at the Brown Derby.

Day 8 - Breakfast with Cindy at the Castle at 8:05. Then another day to play at the MK. Take the monorail or boat to Poly and eat dinner at Kona. Head back to MK for Wishes and to say goodbye to my castle.:cry:

Day 9 - Check out of WL and head to DTD. Shop for any last minute souvenirs and eat lunch at T-Rex.

Thanks for listening and for your opinions!

BiloxiMom
12-16-2008, 11:44 AM
This sounds like a great trip. Do you have your ADRs already? We'll be there on the 24th and I've got ressies at most of the places you mentioned. Have a great week! Save some souvenirs for us!

ThanxForNoticin
12-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a great trip. And do not fret about going off-Disney for a day at Sea World - you will have a great time at Sea World. You'll be doing tons of stuff at Disney. Enjoying a few hours with Shamu is a good thing!

Have a great time.

dixiepixie
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Do you have your ADRs already?

Yes, we have all of our ADRs. I had pretty good luck getting the times I wanted, I called the first day I could. :mickey:

I forgot to mention I am also going to ask if we can be the Flag Family at the WL. I am crossing my fingers we can, I think it would be an amazing surprise for everybody!

stitchaholic
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
i feel the same way,we leave on jan 26th,and i am obsessed with thinking about it,i am thankful i am not the only one!
i made all my ADR's already as well
we will be doing crystalpalace on the first night and then heading over to see fantasmic as it will only be playing 2 nights while we are there,i have all the days pretty well planned out with several character meals in there,including my favorite" ohana best friends breakfast" i love the coconut pinapple bread! also going to the hoop de doo musical review! i cannot wait,i am more excited than my kids,i cannot fully concentrate on anything else:blush:

stitchaholic
12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
wow,that sounds great,i think i am going to rework my schedual a bit now...;)

stitchaholic
12-21-2008, 07:46 AM
ok,here is ours,but i may change it up a little or fine tune it as i am obsessed!

jan 26th arrive 11am,go directly to MK where we will hit frontierland,come back through adventureland and watch the parade,we will browse on main street awaiting our ADR at CP,then it is off to fantasyland,TTF and finish it off at TL and spectro magic-back to resort for much needed sleep
jan 27th-epcot MM,head out to future world do soaring,SME,TT,head to frace to breakfast at the bakery,and then back to future world to do the rest and repeat the favorites,supper at cape may's,clam bake,yah!
jan 28th-AK,head to asia do everest,come back to dino land,lunch at flame tree,hang out at AK until we are tired of it,back to pop for rest,then head to westside to eat at cook's of dublin and do disneyquest.
jan 29th-best friends breakfast:number1:
head to the boardwalk to meet up with my parents(down for 1 day),stroll through marketplace,back to pop for some R&R and swimming,then meet up with parents for dinner at cap'n jacks or house of blues
jan 30th- meet up with parents for breakfast,head to MK to do things that we missed the first day and search for the paintbrush on TSI-then of to WL for hoop de doo!
jan 31st- DHS MM,off to sunset blvd to do RRC and TT,then new toy story ride,and then everything else there,supper at ohana's
feb 1st- brunch at chef mickeys,off to MK,then maybe some swimming,then epcot world showcase and fireworks
feb 2nd- donald breakfast at AK,last everest ride,back to hotel and get ready for departure:pout:

thumperbug
12-21-2008, 11:07 AM
those all sound great. My trip is 8 weeks from today...yaaa hooo!!!! Had all my ADRS booked the second I could...got everything I wanted.

Now I just hope the weather is as great as it ws when we went this past FEb and that the crowds are the same or less.

laward32
12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Hope you have a wonderful trip. I am in agony because mine is a little less than 9 months away and it is all I can think about. I can only imagine what I will be like with a month to go.:mickey:

threeh
12-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I'll be there from 1/24-2/1 with you all!!! Can't wait to see the mouse again!!!:mickey:
Happy Planning

Minnie's Northern Friend
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
we will be doing crystalpalace on the first night and then heading over to see fantasmic as it will only be playing 2 nights while we are there,

Our family will also be in town during this time-- Fantasmic is only showing 2 times--- what else is being limited and where is the best place to find this info??

Trev&Ev Mom
01-01-2009, 04:08 PM
We'll be there Jan 21-28th. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

dixiepixie
01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Our family will also be in town during this time-- Fantasmic is only showing 2 times--- what else is being limited and where is the best place to find this info??

The only other thing I can think of is Epcot is closing an hour earlier on Fridays, so I'm not sure what that is doing to Illuminations.

Here are the rehabs/refurbs from another site:

January 2009

Magic Kingdom

Liberty Tree Tavern - Beginning January 5, 2009, the Magic Kingdom's Liberty Tree Tavern will no longer offer character dining. The last character dinner at the Tavern will be on January 4, 2009.

The Hall of Presidents will be closed for rehab through July 1, 2009.

The Frontierland Fry Cart will be closed September 22, 2008 to January 11, 2009. The cart will be rebuilt into a larger building with seating next to it, with an expanded menu. When it reopens the spot will serve not only McDonald's fries and soda, but also wraps and chicken nuggets. While the Frontierland location is closed, McDonald's fries are still available at the Village Fry Shoppe in Fantasyland.

Splash Mountain will be closed for rehab January 4 - 17, 2009.

Dream Along with Mickey will not be performed January 6 - 20.

Dumbo will be closed for rehab January 7.

Mickey's PhilharMagic will be closed for rehab January 18 - February 6.

Pecos Bills will be closed for rehab January 11 - February 13.

Heritage House shop in Liberty Square will be closed January 4 - 19.

Epcot

Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot's Future World will be closed for refurbishment January 5 - March 22, 2009.

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Studio Backlot Tour will be closed for refurbishment January 4 – February 28, 2009.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be closed January 27-29, 2009.

Sounds Dangerous is temporarily closed. It will begin operating on a seasonal schedule starting January 4, 2009.