PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of BWI?

MPoppins
12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
So, the family and I are being adventurous and trying BWI in April. We're staying in a deluxe club level room. We have loved WL for years and are new fans of YC, so what do you think that we will think of BWI?! Pros and cons please! Thanks!!!!!:mickey:

pox24
12-15-2008, 08:59 AM
You will be staying in whats called the Innkeepers Club. When we were there our room was directly over Spoodles on the Boardwalk. The lounge is on the back side towards the convention center. At night you have a pretty view of Illuminations at Epcot. The food offerings are good and the ability to snack, eat a quick breakfast and a dessert at night is a big time saver, and money saver as well. I can't think of any cons other than the upcharge to stay there. If we did not become DVC members, we would definitely do it again.:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
12-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I love the BW!!

The only cons are
1) bus sharing with the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan & Dolphin. It's not all the time but enough to be annoying.

2) you have to go outside to go to the gift shop or get something to eat but that doesn't apply since you are staying on club level.

3) they are a little lacking in the quick service for meals area. They have premade sandwiches at the bakery and a hot dog cart on the boardwalk.

4) And it's a bit of a nuisance with refillable mugs - there's no self service area for this.

There are a zillion pros - having stayed at the Yacht Club you know the location is super convenient to parks, dining and entertainment.

The resort is very pretty. It feels beachy without being tropical.

The pool area is nicely spread out with an adult size pool slide. I always enjoy the pool bar - good bartenders!

spoiledraf
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
We really enjoyed the Club level. We were in the Steeplechase Suite last year. The lounge and it's staff are terrific. You will love it.

Were taking the kids and grandkids to the BW this year to take advantage of the pool. But we'll be strolling the Boardwalk for sure.