PDA

View Full Version : Weather in February?

MickeyMousse
12-14-2008, 01:53 PM
What kind of weather should I expect in February? I was thinking I could do the shorts with a light jacket during the day and pants at night. We'll be there 2/1-2/10. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
12-14-2008, 02:08 PM
We went in Feb. once.When we arrived at night it was in the low 30s(this is not a typo).The next day it was in the lower 60's during the day,40's at night.After that it averaged about 85 daytime,upper 50's at night.I think what I'm trying to say is,pack for anything.I had to buy a Mickey hooded sweatshirt for about 40 bucks because I didn't pack for cold weather.We've since decided that we don't do to many winter Disney trips because we really like the heat and in the winter nothings guaranteed in Orlando.

thumperbug
12-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Orlando Avg high for Feb is 74 with avg low of 51. When we went this past Feb is was in the 80's the whole week. There were some mornings with alight chill and 60" but it didn't bother us....

Strmchsr
12-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Check the historic weather page in Info Central and you can see the exact data for your dates for the last few years.

Disney Doll
12-15-2008, 10:13 AM
We regularly go in Feb- usuallly the 2nd week of the month. I noticed that you are from NY so you may feel that it is warm enough for shorts. I always see some northerners in shorts, but for me it's too cold. We usually wear jeans and short sleeves with a sweater or light jacket for the mornings and evenings. It can get pretty warm in the afternoons, but I need long pants for the mornings and evenings. We have also experienced some unusually cold days in Feb where we bundled in coats, with scarfs and gloves. Come prepared for anything because you really never know.

thumperbug
12-15-2008, 05:52 PM
To us Northerners...60's in florida feels great to us. I know folks from the south find 60's chilly as well. Its funny..my FIL lives in Bradenton and when he visits with us at WDW as soon as the temp drops to 70 he has out the sweatshirt and long pants...lol

dteed
12-16-2008, 09:21 PM
We go in feb from time to time and have been very warm to down right cold, I would pack for anything. I have aquired quite a few WDW jackets and sweatshirts over the years due to poor planning on my part.

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2008, 09:26 PM
As others have already stated its probably best to pack a bit of everything. We visited a few years ago in the middle of Feb. and my kids swam a few times at the beginning of the trip and were bundled up in coats, hats and gloves by the end of the trip. You just never know what Florida's weather will bring you during the winter months.