PDA

View Full Version : planning a trip for little ones

ellersickc
12-14-2008, 09:46 AM
we have a 7 year old boy, 5 year old girl, and a 20 month boy who will turn 2 durring our trip. first does anyone know the weather in february? We weren't going to do this for a few years until the kids were older but we got a free trip so here we are. are there any suggestions for disneyland with little ones? Is there stuff they can actually go on?:confused:

tinklover
12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
not really sure of the weather in Cali during Feb. I am sure you can go to the DLR threads and ask there. As for the rides the lil ones can ride on almost everything. the ones they can;t ride n will have height restrictions posted and you can baby swap so that the older kids can ride and both parents can ride only not all at once. I hope i have been able to help some. I am sure someone will be along with more info for you.

faline
12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Are you planning to travel to Disneyland in California? Or Disney World in Florida?

ellersickc
12-14-2008, 09:21 PM
so sorry, disney in florida

faline
12-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm going to move you over to the Vacation Planning forum. I'm sure you'll get a much better response there!

faline
12-15-2008, 09:35 AM
In my experience, the weather in February is quite variable. It can be quite nice with mild temperatures - even warm enough for swimming or it can be quite chilly - even cold enough for winter wear or anything in between. Plan for all eventualities.

Disney Doll
12-15-2008, 10:04 AM
We love February because it's not hot and not too crowded. The temperatures can fluctuate quite a bit so usually I watch the weather predictions right before we leave, but still pack a little bit of everything. Usually we wear jeans and short sleeves with a light jacket or sweater for mornings and evening. However, we have been when it was down right frigid so we always come prepared. We just took our son on his first trip in October and he was 12 months. There were plenty of rides he could go on. Little ones can go on anything without a height requirement and most likely your 7 year old will be tall enough to ride some of the bigger rides if he's interested. I think it is important to take it slow and stop for an afternoon nap especially for your little guy. Having that downtime each afternoon at the resort really helped.

Ropachs
12-15-2008, 01:43 PM
We were just there 2 months ago, we also have a little one who also turned 2 on our trip. There was plenty for her to go on. She loved the carousel, Dumbo, Small World, etc. Also, the play areas in Toon Town and in Fantasyland were great for her to stretch her legs since she was in the stroller for long periods of time.
She did NOT like attractions that were dark, our son was like that also at age 3, maybe something to keep in mind...have a great time!