PDA

View Full Version : Partial cash payment for dvc

FortheloveofStitch
12-13-2008, 10:46 PM
My SIL has cruise booked for the last week of August '09. The same as us. A problem has come up in NY that the kids will be back in school before Labor day for the first time that anyone can remember. Can she (DVC member cruising on points) go one week earlier and pay the cash difference between the cruise prices?

Any ones help would be great.

Ed
12-14-2008, 06:58 AM
I don't know of any reason why she couldn't do that. Her best bet is to get in touch with Member Services as soon as possible. Depending on what's available on the earlier dates, she may even end up using fewer points.

Figment Fragment
12-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Did you get a formal answer from DVC on this?

We have been advised in the past that the *only* split in booking costs (points/cash) was per-person, and that changes in bookings needed to be paid in the same kind as the original booking.
So for instance if two people are cruising, you can split it as points for one and cash the other, but no fractional purchases (i.e. use 200 points and pay the rest in cash).

The only exception we know of to this was paying for a cabin upgrade at the port. This requires cash/credit card, no points allowed:mickey:

FF

FortheloveofStitch
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
No answer yet, my sil is waiting until next years school schedule is out in the mid of Jan. Will let you know how she makes up.